emt-p exam 8/22

jkrewko

Forum Crew Member
ive been reading, taking practice tests etc and im still nervous as hell. ive taken 5 nremt exams via a certain site and ive passed 3 of them. im either getting 90's or 65's. wish me luck

EMT-IT753

Forum Lieutenant
Good luck :) I just took mine and passed the first time.

I used the emt.national.training.com website to prepare. To be honest, that was the biggest waste of money ever. It was great if you were taking the EMT-Basic test.

If you paid attention in class and understand pathophysiology, you can pass the test without spending extra money, but that is just my opinion.

OP
OP
J

jkrewko

Forum Crew Member
thats the site ive been using. i wasnt sure if i could post it here or not. ive been using it for a week. im up to getting high 80"s on the practice tests. ive been studying, reading, going over drugs etc.. who knows. its not anything that hasnt been passed by 100,000 people before. im sure ill be fine. how do these practice tests match up with the actual nremt? congrats on passing

EMT-IT753

Forum Lieutenant
I dont want to make you nervous, but the questions were not even remotely close.

The thing that site will help with is giving you a registry style format. If you take the NREMT simulation exams, that is exactly how the registry test is done. They give you 1 question with 4 possible answers. 2 are clearly wrong and 2 are right, it is your job to pick the more right of the 2.

I was able to score consistently in the 90% range before taking the Registry. Then I got to the Registry and found the questions made you think along the lines of pathophyisiolgy and standard algorithms.

Cup of Joe

Forum Captain
Good luck!

Some test taking tips I always use:
1. Eliminate possible wrong answers by crossing them out
2. Circle the number on the question on the answer sheet if you're skipping it and going back to it later.
3. Skimming the entire answer sheet when you're all finished, just to make sure you've actually answered all the questions.
4. Picking a few questions at random and reviewing those at the end of the test. If you're second answer doesn't match what you put down the first time, you might have skipped the question but not the number on the answer sheet. (pain in the butt to fix this mistake)
5. Underline words/phrases like always, never, sometimes.
6. Don't be afraid to take your time. They usually give you enough time to answer the test, and order a meal at your favorite restaurant.

You've probably heard these before, but always helps me to hear it over and over again.

BandageBrigade

Forum Lieutenant
Good luck!

Some test taking tips I always use:
1. Eliminate possible wrong answers by crossing them out
2. Circle the number on the question on the answer sheet if you're skipping it and going back to it later.
3. Skimming the entire answer sheet when you're all finished, just to make sure you've actually answered all the questions.
4. Picking a few questions at random and reviewing those at the end of the test. If you're second answer doesn't match what you put down the first time, you might have skipped the question but not the number on the answer sheet. (pain in the butt to fix this mistake)
5. Underline words/phrases like always, never, sometimes.
6. Don't be afraid to take your time. They usually give you enough time to answer the test, and order a meal at your favorite restaurant.

You've probably heard these before, but always helps me to hear it over and over again.

Yeah.. He is talking about the NREMT. Meaning it is a CBT. There is no writing involved. You cannot go back and look at previous questions. You cannot skip ahead.