EMT openings in Volusia County (central Florida)

greensquid347

Forum Ride Along
Just a friendly FYI.
Per their employment site Volusia County EMS is accepting applications for
EMT (full-time) and Intermediate (full-time temp that can lead to permanent)
Just figured that a lot of people in the Central Florida area are inquiring for EMT/EMS opening and that I would share with you guys.
These are open until at least the 16th of May.
Good Luck

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Just a friendly FYI.
Per their employment site Volusia County EMS is accepting applications for
EMT (full-time) and Intermediate (full-time temp that can lead to permanent)
Just figured that a lot of people in the Central Florida area are inquiring for EMT/EMS opening and that I would share with you guys.
These are open until at least the 16th of May.
Good Luck

Since when does FL use EMT-I? Just curious, as I've always been under the impression B/P were the only two levels in that state

OP
OP
greensquid347

greensquid347

Forum Ride Along
Thought the same thing, not sure if it's a temp way to see if you would be a qualified medic? Perhaps a new training program pipeline since to my knowledge we do not use EMT-I? IDK just what the posting shows.

Pavehawk

Forum Lieutenant
intermittent is an employment category not a certification level. EMT can get hired full time or intermittent, medics just intermittent. As an intermittent you pick up shifts casually to fill in and are limited to 1560 hours in a year. Once hired as intermittent you can get advanced to part time. Part time MUST work 36 hours in a pay period and eventually full time.

The plan, or so I hear is to only hire medics as intermittent and then "promote" those who do well.

Volusia is a third service EMS provider and so on of the few non-fire government agencies in Florida.