EMT Oath

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I never heard of the EMT Oath until I did some searching on google. Has anyone else heard of it? It seems that it has been around since the 70s or so. Well here it is:

EMT Oath

Be it pledged as an Emergency Medical Technician, I will honor the physical and judicial laws of God and man. I will follow that regimen which, according to my ability and judgment, I consider for the benefit of my patients and abstain from whatever is deleterious and mischievous, nor shall I suggest any such counsel. Into whatever home I enter, I will go into them for the benefit of only the sick and injured, never revealing what I see or hear in the lives of men.

I shall also share my medical knowledge with those who may benefit from what I have learned. I will serve unselfishly and continuously in order to help make a better world for all mankind.

While I continue to keep this oath unviolated, may it be granted to me to enjoy life, and the practice of the art, respected by all men, in all times. Should I trespass or violate this oath, may the reverse be my lot. So help me God.

Written by Charles B. Gillespie, M.D.; Albany, Georgia

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Awesome, MMiz. I'd heard it once before, but never got around to searching for it again.

sunshine1026

Forum Crew Member
Thanks for searching and posting. I knew that the oath existed, but looking for it was one of those things that I never got around to either.