EMT killed while helping crash victim

emtd29

Forum Lieutenant
FFEMT1764 said:
Not good...but looks like it was unavoidable, as we all see how people forget how to drive in inclement weather every day. I hope that this reminds everyone to take proper safety precautions when assisting people off duty, i.e., use your flashers, wear reflective gear if you have it, and try to protect the accident scene with your vehicle...and always be cautious when using flares.
Another sad story. You're right. not good, but definitely avoidable.

people do forget how to drive in bad weather. Bad weather brings out the worst in already bad drivers. maybe if the guy was driving with due regard to conditions in the first place instead of barreling along at highway speed ( wet roads = slow down), this could have been avoided. Speed kills.

No accident is non-avoidable in my book. (OK, almost no accident, :pthere is the occasional deer that's just gotta get stupid. It's in their nature )

Oh, and drinking and driving??? you must be totally insane if you think I'm going to have ANY sympathy for you if you do and get into an accident as a result ( although you will be treated like any other pt in the back of my truck) or get caught. I'd rather you get caught though, honestly, before something bad does happen.

And I cannot stress this enough:

remember scene safety!!!! ALWAYS be aware of your surroundings!

Take necessary precautions as appropriate.

Last edited by a moderator:

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
Yepper...and remember we have those orange and yellow refelctive vests for a reason...they either make people dodge us or they make us targets!

emtd29

Forum Lieutenant
FFEMT1764 said:
Yepper...and remember we have those orange and yellow refelctive vests for a reason...they either make people dodge us or they make us targets!

I absolutely agree

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
Of course it could be worse, we could wear a vest thats says sheriff or police...we would be targets for sure!

OP
OP
Chimera911

Chimera911

Forum Crew Member
FFEMT1764 said:
LOL now there's a cheery thought. :p

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
Chimera911 said:
LOL now there's a cheery thought. :p

I always try to bring joy and happiness to my fellow EMS providers! Even if it involves my sick and twisted sense of humor:wacko:

OP
OP
Chimera911

Chimera911

Forum Crew Member
FFEMT1764 said:
I always try to bring joy and happiness to my fellow EMS providers! Even if it involves my sick and twisted sense of humor:wacko:
Sick and twisted, sounds and feels like home. B)

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
Just like sweet tea and apple pie!

OP
OP
Chimera911

Chimera911

Forum Crew Member
FFEMT1764 said:
Just like sweet tea and apple pie!
Mmmm sweet tea. :wub:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Sweet tea, and sausage gravy on biscuts.... All we were fed for breakfast down south.... Maybe I'll look at Biscuts and gravy in another year or two..... and sweet tea is too sweet.

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
If I dont get my sweet tea my BGL drops and I get cranky!

Carpe Diem

Forum Crew Member
mmmmm.....sweet tea "picture Homer Simpson thinking about beer"

OP
OP
Chimera911

Chimera911

Forum Crew Member
Carpe Diem said:
mmmmm.....sweet tea "picture Homer Simpson thinking about beer"
Yeah, seriously though. ^_^

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
MMM...donuts...mmmm since we are on the homer simpson angle

OP
OP
Chimera911

Chimera911

Forum Crew Member
CaptainPanic said:
All I drink anymore is coffee and unsweetened tea, yeah Im that boring...
I would never knock coffee. Ever.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Coffee rocks B)

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Hmmm....Coffee...

It's #1 on the top ten list of most dangerous foods to consume while driving.

Others include carbonated sodas, tacos, chili, juicy hamburgers, hot soup, fried chicken, any BBQ food, chocolate, and jelly/creme filled doughnuts.

So keep that in mind next time you want to have coffee while eating your big fat jelly filled doughnut....