jjordan

Forum Ride Along
Hello Everyone,

(I'm pretty sure a similar topic has been posted before but I cannot find the post)
I am currently a state registered EMT in Florida and I am looking for employment. I am using EMS as a gateway to obtain patient care hours in hopes of gaining entry into physician assistant school. Personally, I'd rather work in a clinical setting and I was wondering if any of you have had any luck finding employment in doctor's office. I have already applied for numerous PCT and ER tech positions but to no avail, so that brings me to my question. Can an EMT work in a doctor's office? If so, what were your responsibilities and how did you come across that position?

Thanks in advance.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Most clinic or facility based positions require either experience as a field provider or your paramedic.

I've worked on the floor and in the er as an emt, and in the er as a paramedic. Duties included cleaning and bathing patients, assisting them with ADLs, starting ivs, placing catheters, taking vitals, and restocking supplies

Summit

Critical Crazy
Plenty of EMTs work as Clinical Assistants in a family practice office. You grab vitals, weight/height, 2 sentence pt histories, blood draws and urine/stool samples, turn over the room, vaccinations+allergy shots...