EMT-I, Paramedic, cpr/first aid instructor Certification programs in MA.

Zeroo

Forum Crew Member
I make so many threads. I know I am gonna hear it from someone some day. Sorry about it. Anyways I tried google my search came up with nothing viable.

I am wondering where can I get my instructor certs. I only want to go for cpr instructor and first aid. I also want to go for my intermediate cert. Also some google searches gave me mixed answers. Some places said I needed to have my emt-basic cert for at least a year. Some said all I needed was an emt-b cert. :wacko::wacko: Clarifications on what is required to be certified as an emt-I as well as be accepted into a program? I also hear that I need to be working for at least a year to get into a paramedic program. Are there any that let you just enter the program? Perhaps if I am already working as an emt.

Anyways if you know the names of schools/businesses that offer these programs that would be greatly appreciated. If there are any summer EMT-I program you specifically know of let me know. Since I don't take summer classes I would like to get it done during this time. I don't like having free time... well to much free time.

Last edited by a moderator:

beantown native

Forum Crew Member
Well, quinsigamond community college did the EMT-I program... check there. Also as far as where to get a CPR instructor card... flip yours over and call your instructor, or call AHA.. they can put you in touch with somebody too.

OP
OP
Z

Zeroo

Forum Crew Member
Well, quinsigamond community college did the EMT-I program... check there. Also as far as where to get a CPR instructor card... flip yours over and call your instructor, or call AHA.. they can put you in touch with somebody too.

All right thanks I will look into that college and contact my instructor.

Ricky.

Forum Probie
Don't bother with intermediate. Just work a year and then go for your medic. EMT-I are not used that often in MA (excluding the western part of the state, from what I've been told and read on here). Get a year experience, get all of the basic skills down and if you still enjoy the job, then go for your medic. Where you'll be working, you're going to get a ton of experience. Just give it time. Getting your intermediate would be a waste of time and money, unless you plan on moving out west.

OP
OP
Z

Zeroo

Forum Crew Member
Don't bother with intermediate. Just work a year and then go for your medic. EMT-I are not used that often in MA (excluding the western part of the state, from what I've been told and read on here). Get a year experience, get all of the basic skills down and if you still enjoy the job, then go for your medic. Where you'll be working, you're going to get a ton of experience. Just give it time. Getting your intermediate would be a waste of time and money, unless you plan on moving out west.

Ya I pretty much decided this already. There are no programs in this state for the summer. -.- Anyways I just wanted to get my intermediate because it would be something productive to do in the summer.

Ricky.

Forum Probie
Ya I pretty much decided this already. There are no programs in this state for the summer. -.- Anyways I just wanted to get my intermediate because it would be something productive to do in the summer.

Work a little overtime! It will give you more experience and money to save up for a medic program.

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
Adam Blumenthal does an excellent instructor course at the BMC. PM me if you want more info.