EMT-I looking for suggestions for Boston EMS?

gingasassin

Forum Ride Along
Hi All-

I have seven years in EMS. 2 years as a basic and working on 5 as an intermediate. I have worked in a private company in NY where we cover three counties with 911 and inter facility transports. (I usually work with a paramedic.) I also help test out EMTs for the state exam.

Anyways, I am moving at the end of the month to Salem, and will be working for Cataldo ambulance. I am currently trying to seek employment with Boston EMS. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might make myself more marketable for Boston?

In the interim, I am going to make sure that my alphabet soup classes are up to date and start going over my basic information.

Thanks

JPINFV

Gadfly
I believe Boston has a residency requirement, so be prepared to move to Boston proper.

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
I believe Boston has a residency requirement, so be prepared to move to Boston proper.

From website:

Do I need to be a Boston resident to work at Boston EMS?
Yes. Boston residency is required no later than six (6) months after the date of hire.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Sign up to take the next written exam (no date announced as far as I know). It's a civil service hiring process, so being a veteran, disabled vet, paramedic, minority, etc. all help greatly. You need to be able to move into Boston proper by the end of your academy/recruit time, and I understand they do check to see if you're actually living there.

There are a few here who work for H+H and can give more detail about hiring...

kpr24

Forum Probie
gingasassin,

Can you offer any suggestions on getting hired by Cataldo? I've passed the pre-hire test.

Thanks.