EMT-I/AEMT Text Book.

krtemt

Forum Crew Member
Hi, I will soon be starting the EMT Intermediate portion of my EMT thru Paramedic class and I was wondering if I can get some advice on what text books, work books, and just books in general that people would recommend to supplement the Nancy Caroline Emergency Care in the Streets book. The course uses that for both the Intermediate and Paramedic portions of their program.

I plan on getting the Mosby's Intermediate text book( 2nd Edition) and the Advanced Emergency Care and Transportation of the sick and injuried as well.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

mrg86

Forum Crew Member
I have used the AAOS book, it was pretty good but I think some of the topics were long winded, I had to do a great deal of highlighting to weed out the relevant information.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Your money would be better spent on books or classes other than additional EMT-I/AEMT books. Your tests will be off of the text the designate for class and some books have conflicting information. Don't ask why but they do.

OP
OP
K

krtemt

Forum Crew Member
I am looking into several classes, ranging from ACLS to wilderness classes. The program I am in uses research exams for everything but the final test for each level. The instructor even suggested I buy other EMT-I/AEMT books to help me. I am also looking at getting Tintinalli's Emergency Medicine book and Guyton and Hall Medical Physiology to go along with my course text books.