EMT crashes ambulance on way to N.J. house fire that claimed his father

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
We can probably Monday Morning Quarterback this one to death, but it's a tragedy compounded by a tragedy. Let's keep all the involved families in your thoughts and prayers...

MIDDLE TOWNSHIP— On Tuesday, Jan. 26 Middle Township Ambulance Corps EMT Joseph Sims, was involved in a serious accident while driving ambulance unit 1409 at the intersection of Indian Trail Road and Route 9.
According to police Sims was en-route to his Lower Township home where he had just learned his 85 year-old father Joseph Sims Sr. had perished in a structure fire.

Read more here...

JPINFV

Gadfly
What's there to Monday morning quarterback? I can't agree with what he did, but I understand it. Heck, when my sister was carjacked, my father made it to the police station that she was at in under an hour. It's about a 90 mile drive. Should he be punished? Yes, however I don't think that justice is served if he gets sentenced to the maximum sentence.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Sad! Thoughts and prayers for sure......

I completely understand how this happened though. Just imagine if you were paged out to your address for a DOA from a structure fire. Now imagine that you knew for sure it was your dad. (Or any other family member.) I for one would be thinking anything but clearly.