EMT Class while in school?

minneola24

Forum Lieutenant
Im taking EMT - B class this fall. Im also taking math (a lower, easier one) and an elective at community college. Im also working part time at an electronics store.

Will I be able to handle this?

My schedule for EMT class is mon-wed and its the 1 semester one, not a fast class.

I dont want to overload myself, but if its manageable then I want to do it.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Im taking EMT - B class this fall. Im also taking math (a lower, easier one) and an elective at community college. Im also working part time at an electronics store.

My schedule for EMT class is mon-wed and its the 1 semester one, not a fast class.

Completely manageable. For EMT, I was a high school junior, working part time, and in two sports. It's actually a pretty easy class.

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief

Completely do-able. I took gen ed classes at night while in paramedic school.

OP
OP
minneola24

minneola24

Forum Lieutenant
Phewph. Was really concerned after getting this job and not thinking I would be able to do it. Thanks for the replies.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
You'll be fine just knock out reading your emt text as soon as possible. That's 80 percent of the class right there.

socalemt123

Forum Crew Member
It is completely doable. I took 19 units at another school while taking the 9 unit emt class all at the same time. Just don't get behind on reading.

EMTSTUDENT25

Forum Lieutenant
I worked 60 hours a week in a damanding restaurant management position and went to basic school 5 days a week, finished with a 90%. Yes you can do it! Just dont get behind on your chapter reading! If you make it important you will do fine.

SnaKiZe

Forum Crew Member

It's easy.
You can do it.
I was a HS Senior in my 2nd semester doing EMT Night classes right after class as well as 3 class on saturdays as well as having a social life.

It does get a bit full, but it's manageable.

nevets_eural

Forum Crew Member

where are you taking your course