EMT Camp

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
After seeing massive success in this wonderful form of education, I plan on opening a 6 month MD camp in Yosemite. Students will hike, fish, and learn medicine in a beautiful and picturesque landscape and take back valuable experiences and friends. My students will become proficient in the practice of Medicine and Surgery, and can complete and optional two week residency in emergency medicine with the EMT-B students (EM residents will assist and participate in the EMT class, and will learn to apply C-Collars and control bleeding. My residents graduate with an EMT certification as well, and will be more than prepared to practice in an ER and critical care environments). Prices include lodging, food, supplies, and teaching materials. Your tuition will not include travel expenses, which must be set up by the individual student.

Team work and nature based learning is encouraged and an integral part of our program. Special topics include first aid for the hiker and angler, definitive wilderness medicine, and the use of plants in medical care.

At this time, the Daedalus MD Camp and the two week Emergency Medicine Residency does not lead Medical Licensure to in any of the 50 United States, Mexico, or Canada.

I pose a serious question, lets say your wife is having an acute and unknown medical emergency, and is dying in front of your eyes. Do you want a two week EMT graduate attending to her? This is not an EMT vs Paramedic, or even an ALS vs BLS debate. This is about the concept that you can educate a medical profession in two weeks.

Summit

Critical Crazy
Whatever you are smoking... try doing less of it... or more of it... I'm not really sure.

OP
OP
daedalus

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
Whatever you are smoking... try doing less of it... or more of it... I'm not really sure.

Ah, you bring up an important new module in my program. The use of plant based alternatives to allopathic medicine. Roll up them leafs and smoke em.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
ROFLMAO, Daedalus, you need to share.

Honestly, I had 16 weekers in my EMT class that I wouldn't trust with anyone I cared about, and others I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, and a small list that I want to stay far far far away from should I ever find myself contracting and unable to get to the hospital POV.

AJ Hidell

Forum Deputy Chief
This is not an EMT vs Paramedic, or even an ALS vs BLS debate.
Kudos for recognizing that there is a difference between the two debates.

This is about the concept that you can educate a medical profession in two weeks.
Two weeks. Two months. Two semesters. It's all the same thing. It cannot be done.

sabbymedic

Forum Crew Member
After seeing massive success in this wonderful form of education, I plan on opening a 6 month MD camp in Yosemite. Students will hike, fish, and learn medicine in a beautiful and picturesque landscape and take back valuable experiences and friends. My students will become proficient in the practice of Medicine and Surgery, and can complete and optional two week residency in emergency medicine with the EMT-B students (EM residents will assist and participate in the EMT class, and will learn to apply C-Collars and control bleeding. My residents graduate with an EMT certification as well, and will be more than prepared to practice in an ER and critical care environments). Prices include lodging, food, supplies, and teaching materials. Your tuition will not include travel expenses, which must be set up by the individual student.

Team work and nature based learning is encouraged and an integral part of our program. Special topics include first aid for the hiker and angler, definitive wilderness medicine, and the use of plants in medical care.

At this time, the Daedalus MD Camp and the two week Emergency Medicine Residency does not lead Medical Licensure to in any of the 50 United States, Mexico, or Canada.

I pose a serious question, lets say your wife is having an acute and unknown medical emergency, and is dying in front of your eyes. Do you want a two week EMT graduate attending to her? This is not an EMT vs Paramedic, or even an ALS vs BLS debate. This is about the concept that you can educate a medical profession in two weeks.

No offense but if you think that you can educate someone past the basic or even advanced first aid stage you really need to revisit your training. I am from Canada and to become a Primary Care BLS provider it is a two year training program full time. To get your ALS ticket it is another 6-8 months.

So to answer your question; If my wife was laying there dying in front of me I would call for ALS backup and in the mean time I would do the best CPR I could or treat her with Symptom relief and get all the testing I can possibly do done before the ambulance arrived. Then I would make sure she was transferred to the appropriate hospital, then make sure the doctors were doing everything they could for her, knowing that the doctors would have more than two weeks of training to become ER docs.