EMT-B Recertification

TB 3541

Forum Lieutenant
So I have a month to find a job, otherwise I will not meet the 6-month/1000-hour requirement when it comes time to re-certify. I also have no CE units. In order to get my license renewed, will I have to retake EMT-Basic just like if I were a new student, or can I take the 4 week EMT-B re-certification course at my local college?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
You should just have to take a 24 hour EMT refresher course at a local college.

OP
OP
T

TB 3541

Forum Lieutenant
You should just have to take a 24 hour EMT refresher course at a local college.

Do you happen to know anything about the recert instructor at Crafton? Harry Stone is his name.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Do you happen to know anything about the recert instructor at Crafton? Harry Stone is his name.

Nope. I only know the 3 main class instructors at crafton.

Always BSI

Forum Lieutenant
Im really procrastinating, HARD!

My state EMT card expires Feb 19th 2013. I just signed up for a CE site last night. My NREMT expires in March I was thinking about doing the recert by examination (Computer test) but I'm still deciding whether I want to do that or just do all the CE hours. I need to brush up on my skills all this IFT work has made me feel incompetent >.> The most I do is take vitals and write a good report.

OP
OP
T

TB 3541

Forum Lieutenant
Im really procrastinating, HARD!

My state EMT card expires Feb 19th 2013. I just signed up for a CE site last night. My NREMT expires in March I was thinking about doing the recert by examination (Computer test) but I'm still deciding whether I want to do that or just do all the CE hours. I need to brush up on my skills all this IFT work has made me feel incompetent >.> The most I do is take vitals and write a good report.

I'm signed up for the recert course at Crafton for this upcoming semester. I can't believe that it has been nearly two years since I was certified. It makes me all the more determined to get a job this time around.

I just noticed that your signature is a quote by me. I feel so important now. :D