EMT-B Pay

Does anyone know the EMT B pay rate in the silicon valley? I will be moving up there with family soon, was curious if anyone could give me a heads up on what pay there.

Ramsey

Colorado does pretty well. Starting @ 12/hr. and goes up from there. The down side is that the area is highly competitve (last stat is that 1 in 5 people out here are certified dunno if its true though....hope not). So you do alot of volly work before you get paid.

In the Orlando area you have three options if you arent fire, (And none are ever hiring! which is why I havent found one yet.) Rural Metro (911) American (Transport) or Florida Hospital (transport). Rural Metro and American start out at 9 an hour but I know people who pull in 1,000 a week because they allow you to work as much overtime as you will take. No idea about FH, though. Fire probies start at 40-50K a year.

Trish I know a few people in the Orlando area. Any department you trying to get in with?

Legion, Im not fire, Im too fat for fire! I would kill to get on with Rural Metro and run 911, but right now just trying to get my feet wet with American is looking like the best option but they arent hiring! And when they DO hire, they snatch up all the experienced EMTs first. Ive also tried getting on as just an ER tech or a floor tech at a hospital, that too is seeming impossible with out experience. And its hard to get experience with out getting a job first! :P

dont come to York County unless you have experience and can get in to one of the more reputable private companies!! lol

8.00 starting around here....

Jo

I can't find any solid numbers for the Middle Tennessee area. The closest is my county's EMS which lists EMT and Paramedic pay as a range from mid $30k's to mid $40k's. I'm guessing that doesn't include OT? Or is that the top range for both positions.......I hope to find out in about 10 months or so :)

Back