EMT-B jobs in Houston, Tx?

Ricky36805

Forum Ride Along
Hey everybody, I just got my certification on 2/22/12 and I've been looking for a basic job. I'm from Galveston, Tx so anything closest to that would be great. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks,

Ricky

tssemt2010

Forum Lieutenant
Hey everybody, I just got my certification on 2/22/12 and I've been looking for a basic job. I'm from Galveston, Tx so anything closest to that would be great. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks,

Ricky

well depends on where youre willing to drive, and how old are you? i got offered a job at galveston county a few months back but turned the offer down because of the pay and the schedule for new hires is horrible if you have to commute

Squad51

Forum Crew Member
There are a million providers in the Houston area. Mostly transfer services trying to get in on some Medicare money. Be careful about who you work for. I've know people that have literally shown up for work one day to find the station locked up with a sign on the door. Also known people who's paychecks bounced. Make sure they are licensed AND in good standing with the state. Sorry I can't help you with any names of providers. They change so regularly. I don't know where you live, but you might check out Paramedics Plus in Pasadena. The parent company is East Texas Medical Center in Tyler. I'd start there if you're interested. Congratulations on your cert and welcome to EMS.