EMT-B Help

EMT104Girl

Forum Ride Along
I have had my EMT-B certification for about a year, I have only used it for sports medicine. Which that lasted for about 6 months.
I want to start using my certification again. TBH, I am really nervous because I don't have much experience and I am still a total newbie. So, I figure I will start looking into ride alongs/volunteer time rather than a job for now. So I can gain experience, then look into getting a job.
How do I go about getting scheduled for a ride along or to volunteer? I live in central/north phoenix.
:wacko: Things happened this past year that caused me to halt on doing all of this, so here I am a year later, trying to get back on the horse.
Any help would be awesome. I do know a lot of people in this field, not all of them live in Arizona though.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Call local ambulance services and fire departments and let them know what you would like to do. Many newer people feel this way but after being on the job for a bit realize they are fine and their wasn't much to worry about. Many areas are over saturated with emts. The longer you wait the harder it will be. Any quality service will give you enough fto time to be comfortable.

OP
OP
E

EMT104Girl

Forum Ride Along
I figured that was all I needed to do. I guess I just feel super nervous about it all, and bad that it has taken me this long to be able to do something with my certification. Thank you !!

medic417

The Truth Provider
Hang in there. Just start applying. Companies understand they are hiring a newbie so the expect you to be nervous and need a little coaching at the beginning.