Emt-B Boston

Dieggs

Forum Ride Along
Hey, I'm considering taking an EMT-B class in the Boston area but I'm wondering if its difficult or not to find a job after completing the class since EMT-B is entry level and because I'm not interested in pursuing higher levels of EMT education.

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
Once you have your card, assuming you don’t have a criminal record, bad driving record, show up to the interview at the very least on the same day its scheduled for, reasonably sober and wearing pants, you’ll get a job.

Getting hired as a basic in the Boston market is about as hard as enlisting in the Russian Army in 1942.

Paul Olivares

Forum Ride Along
I wouldn't mind working there. I heard that you'd get slot of opioid overdose experience.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Getting hired as a basic in the Boston market is about as hard as enlisting in the Russian Army in 1942.
Are you talking about getting hired in any job, or a good job? because those are two VASTLY different objectives, with varying levels of difficulty

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
Are you talking about getting hired in any job, or a good job? because those are two VASTLY different objectives, with varying levels of difficulty

The OP was in reference to a first EMS job, which typically involves a crappy job for two reasons. 1) You’re usually ignorant as to what objectively makes a good company, and what you subjectively want from a company and 2) You don’t have the resume for a good job. Sure, some awesome companies hire first day rookies, but many of those jobs are very competitive and require an industry work history.

So I was simply referring to an entry level, first day rookie job, which can be had in this market by the end of the week. Maybe the company is a good fit for you, maybe you hate it like jock itch; but it’s a job the gets you going on down the road.