EMS YouTube Channels

Lights Sirens Action

Forum Ride Along
Hey Everyone! I started a YouTube channel about 7 months ago. It is about my journey through EMS, Paramedic School, and life in general. I was really disappointed to see how there are not very many channels like this. If you look up nursing school, you will find a TON of YouTubers documenting their journey through school. Any of y'all have a channel or know of other EMS channels?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I like Bauer's FlightBridgeEd YouTube channel, and the various other airway, and ventilator management links it prompts. These are more of the educational variety, though. They hardly lack the panache one may seek with self-journey style channels.

Why does it surprise you that there aren't more people wanting to document their journey through life, let alone paramedic school?

OP
OP
L

Lights Sirens Action

Forum Ride Along
I like Bauer's FlightBridgeEd YouTube channel, and the various other airway, and ventilator management links it prompts. These are more of the educational variety, though. They hardly lack the panache one may seek with self-journey style channels.

Why does it surprise you that there aren't more people wanting to document their journey through life, let alone paramedic school?

Thanks, I just checked his channel out. Good stuff. I don't necessarily care if someone wants to post about their life experiences or not, but I do seek out information about medic school often. Sometimes it helps to go in knowing a little of what to expect, sometimes it does not help at all. It does surprise me that most of the medical fields have YouTubers, however EMS doesn't. No big deal though, guess it just means there is room for growth. Thanks for your reply.

P.S. Wasn't so much looking for panache........more so a way to learn from an individual's education, experience, wisdom. Also, hearing from others going through the same thing is also a perk.

OP
OP
L

Lights Sirens Action

Forum Ride Along
I don't know of any, life wasn't that interesting during medic school, this was about it. 1/3: this isn't so bad, let's sleep more. 2/3: crap, I actually have to do work. 3/3: **** my life, can't wait to be done.

Haha, nice! Thanks for your reply! You are probably right about the breakdown of medic school. :) How long was your medic program?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Wasn't so much looking for panache........more so a way to learn from an individual's education, experience, wisdom. Also, hearing from others going through the same thing is also a perk.
In that case, you came to the right place. The search bar here yields some good topics, and there's centuries of wisdom on here, probably more so and better than, say, YouTube.

OP
OP
L

Lights Sirens Action

Forum Ride Along
In that case, you came to the right place. The search bar here yields some good topics, and there's centuries of wisdom on here, probably more so and better than, say, YouTube.

I am glad to have found it, is it certainly a wealth of information to say the least. We can only hope the abundance of EMS educational platforms will increase in the future. Happy to see there is not a shortage of feistiness on this site as well. :) Once again, thanks for your response.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
@VentMonkey being one of our wise souls here.
IMG_0306.GIF