EMS websites

DarkStarr

Forum Lieutenant
I know there are several topics laying around with everyones employers website, but, my topic has a slight spin-off.

I am currently designing a website for my employer (paid project).. and my question is, what do YOU want to see when you log onto a ambulance services website? Please answer this from a whacker standpoint, a subscribers standpoint, and a regular, otherwise uninformed persons standpoint.

Here are the menu topics I have thus far:

Main Menu

Home
About Us
-History
Services
Fleet
-Gallery
-Maintenance
Membership Subscriptions
Billing & Payments
Employment Opportunities
Contact Us

Community Resources

911 System
Public Awareness
Prevention Programs
Public Education
EMS Kids!
FAQ
Links

Employee Portal (restricted access)

Schedule
Calendar
Con-Ed
Handbook/Policies
Documents
Email

I appreciate the input.

Medic One

Forum Lieutenant
Everything looks like it is covered but don't make it to busy or hard to navigate. As far as fleet pictures I'd drop that and just use one or two pics on the main page etc with a picture of some units and some staff in uniform. Should also add a paperwork page for hospitals if your a transfer service. They can print off the forms they need to schedule transport then fax them in vs you faxing to them and then them faxing a completed page back. Go to Acadia ambulance website, campion ambulance website and hunters ambulance in CT for some ideas.

Michael "Medic One"
Paramedic/FF EMS-Instructor
Pace Car Medical Car Driver
Lime Rock Race Track
NorthEast, USA

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
DarkStarr

DarkStarr

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks for the feedback, and good ideas!

Medic One

Forum Lieutenant
That would be hunteramb.com

Michael "Medic One"
Lime Rock Race Track
NorthEast, USA

JPINFV

Gadfly
I'd like to know if there's anything notable equipment or protocol wise for the service, however that can be buried in the employment section.

Also, for the love of all that is good and holy, please do NOT include anything that's "coming soon" or "under construction." If there's no content for a page yet, just don't even have it linked yet.

OP
OP
DarkStarr

DarkStarr

Forum Lieutenant
The website will not be online until all content has been uploaded.

Appreciate the feedback, good idea.

Medic One

Forum Lieutenant
Protocols need to be in a secure area away from lawyers eyes and also must be a non modifiable PDF. We issued each employee a printed copy of protocols and advised them the online copy is for reference and may not be the most up to date.

Michael "Medic One"
Lime Rock Race Track
NorthEast, USA

reaper

Working Bum
Protocols should be availible to who ever wants to read them! What is there to hide?

All our updates are done on the online protocols, so they are the only true ones to go by.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Protocols need to be in a secure area away from lawyers eyes and also must be a non modifiable PDF. We issued each employee a printed copy of protocols and advised them the online copy is for reference and may not be the most up to date.

...All our updates are done on the online protocols, so they are the only true ones to go by.

I agree with reaper on this. The most up to date copy should be the online version. It is much easier to update the online version than it is to update the policies and make sure that everyone receives a copy, then post it only. Just doesn't make sense to me to do it your way. :blink:

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
And have picture of your rigs!! ESPECIALLY if this is a private service. Show off your prettiest ambulances and sexiest emt's! Companies that pay for service like beautiful people doing their work. It gives them a better overall image.

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
Don't bury the cutting edge stuff your service is doing under employment. Certainly it helps for recruitment but you want your stakeholders to see what your service is providing.

Also don't discount how many members of the public may want to learn lots about the service. It doesn't hurt to post photos of your units, equipment and stations. There are a surprising amount of people who want to know how dispatch works, what shift patterns are like, unit numbers and the like.

I posted some photos of trucks onto Flickr awhile back and was amazed at some of the PM's I got from people who wanted to know more about how the service worked. Certainly the wannabe sorts are a small segment of the community you serve, but they can be your most intangible PR resource. These are members of the public happy to talk up EMS and it costs you nothing to indulge them with some good pics and info.

Fly-write

Forum Probie
Maybe also include a simple and private forum for employees only. Password protected and used as a bulletin board for announcements. Just a thought.

Fly-write

Pheonsix

Forum Ride Along
Our company has a website and the things I like about it

Training Calendar Tab
Ninth Brain Tab
Crew Scheduler Tab

Makes it very easy to find what it is I am looking for.....These are the main reasons I visit our company's website so its great I can find what I need right off the main page. With one click I am where I want to be.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
DarkStarr

DarkStarr

Forum Lieutenant
Having difficulty figuring out what to do with the banner.. any suggestions?

headerimg.jpg

The truck on the left doesn't quite "pop", but I don't know what to put on the left and right that isn't generic..

:/

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I agree with reaper on this. The most up to date copy should be the online version. It is much easier to update the online version than it is to update the policies and make sure that everyone receives a copy, then post it only. Just doesn't make sense to me to do it your way. :blink:

I agree as well. BernCo here in NM lists the county protocols (one of the few places where it differs from state SOP)