EMS Trivia App

epicEMT

Forum Crew Member
Dear EMS brothers and sisters...

If there existed an EMS trivia app (similar to trivia crack) would you download it?

JosephDurham

Forum Crew Member
Would it cost?

Free - yes, at least to give it a try and to see I it's worth takin up the room on the phone
Cost - dependent upon the price, quality of questions, how many questions

Joseph

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
Yes. Not exactly EMS but check out Prognosis Your Diagnosis EM

OP
OP
epicEMT

epicEMT

Forum Crew Member
The app would contain questions involving all levels of EMS (basic, aemt, paramedic, first responder (maybe?)) where you could test your knowledge against friends. More than likely it would consists of a free version (ads) and a paid version (no ads).

But here's the controversial part. I like how in trivia crack users are able to submit their own questions. I'm pondering the idea of an app such as this to have a similar feature where questions can be voted in or rejected by users. Questions would include explanations and maybe even references? The pros would ultimately be an incredibly large database of ems questions that all levels of ems personnel could use to stay current as well as have fun in the process; an app for EMS by EMS. The cons obviously would be the potential for incorrect questions/answers but I believe, with the correct system in place, these can be greatly minimized (maybe even require current NREMT or state certification to submit questions?). I believe a rigorous voting/reject system could result in quality NREMT level questions as the questions could potentially be evaluated even more thoroughly then the NREMT itself. What do you guys think?

Trauma Queen

Forum Crew Member
I think it would be fun, but you would run into the issues of local protocols, so an amswer would be correct in some places, and incorrect in other places.