ems school

calepeters

Forum Ride Along
hey guys, i just finished my EMT program in canada (pcp) after considering moving to the good ol USA and finding out ems isnt nearly as well paying down there im curious what kind of job possibilities can stem from EMS, and does anybody have any idea if having and EMT or Paramedic designation would be able to knock out a few other semesters in said jobs? id hate to have to start from square one all over again

MSDeltaFlt

RRT/NRP
hey guys, i just finished my EMT program in canada (pcp) after considering moving to the good ol USA and finding out ems isnt nearly as well paying down there im curious what kind of job possibilities can stem from EMS, and does anybody have any idea if having and EMT or Paramedic designation would be able to knock out a few other semesters in said jobs? id hate to have to start from square one all over again

Unless they've changed since the 90's, there isn't any reciprocity between USA and Canada. Now if you have college hours, those might transfer, but I doubt EMS certs.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief

Not many. Stay in Canada. A Canadian moving to the US is like an American moving to Mexico: a step down the culture ladder.