EMS Podcasts

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
What podcasts is everyone listening to? I know I'm sitting here at work listening to Emcrit, and have FlightBridgeED and the EMS Lecture Series also on my phone.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
What podcasts is everyone listening to? I know I'm sitting here at work listening to Emcrit, and have FlightBridgeED and the EMS Lecture Series also on my phone.

Those ones.

ICU Rounds is really interesting too by Dr. Jeffrey Guy.

I was a big fan of "Confessions of an EMS newbie" with Kelly Grayson and Ron Davis. I still don't know why Ron decided not to use his Paramedic License after obtaining it.

OP
OP
TransportJockey

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I was a big fan of "Confessions of an EMS newbie" with Kelly Grayson and Ron Davis. I still don't know why Ron decided not to use his Paramedic License after obtaining it.

He makes more money doing photography/IT work?

He makes more money doing photography/IT work?

I'm sure if that was the case, he would have realized that sometime during the 2 years it took to get trough medic school. My guess is he got disenchanted/disinterested. You can tell during the later podcasts, albeit subtly.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

I didn't think he ever passed the registry practicals? Might be wrong though.

I do agree though, definitely helped me in school quite a bit.

I didn't think he ever passed the registry practicals? Might be wrong though.

I do agree though, definitely helped me in school quite a bit.

If you listen to the last podcast, he states that he is a licensed Paramedic. It helped me out a lot during school too.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
EMcrit
Prehospital And Retrieval Medicine (PHARM)
Several anesthesia ones

There don't seem to be too many good ones out there that are updated regularly.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Any recommendations for anesthesia ones?

I feel like that could be really interesting.

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
where is everyone getting the podcasts at? on iTunes? or something like that.

forgive me for being technologically ignorant...

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Any recommendations for anesthesia ones?

I feel like that could be really interesting.

World of Anesthesiology is probably the one you'd find the most interesting, but unfortunately it hasn't been updated in a long time.

OpenAnesthesia and Clinical Anesthesia are other ones that I listen to.

where is everyone getting the podcasts at? on iTunes? or something like that.

forgive me for being technologically ignorant...

You can subscribe to most of them in iTunes, but IMO the better way is to find the website, copy the RSS feed URL for the podcast, and then past that URL into you podcast app.

FWIW, RSS is how I get all my journal updates and clinical website updates, as well as non-clinical news and stuff. I use Feedly for that, but there are lots of good RSS readers out there.

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
World of Anesthesiology is probably the one you'd find the most interesting, but unfortunately it hasn't been updated in a long time.

OpenAnesthesia and Clinical Anesthesia are other ones that I listen to.

You can subscribe to most of them in iTunes, but IMO the better way is to find the website, copy the RSS feed URL for the podcast, and then past that URL into you podcast app.

FWIW, RSS is how I get all my journal updates and clinical website updates, as well as non-clinical news and stuff. I use Feedly for that, but there are lots of good RSS readers out there.

Thank you... I'm going to have to subscribe to these things.. Sounds pretty bad ***..