ems pants

btkspot89

Forum Probie
Im going to go with the rest of the choir and say 5.11. They are most comfortable for sure. The Knee Protectors can get in the way and if its a hot day they just absorb all the heat. But luckily they are removable so I choose to leave mine out. I also have 2 pairs of elbeco's Not to happy with them. I was doing CPR on a patient once and some how when I moved my leg the trauma shears ripped the fabric like nothing.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I like Elbeco's EMS pants. I have two pair. They don't fade at all, and if you treat them right, the scotch guard or whatever stays nicely intact. Blood and other fluid still beads up and rolls off of mine after two years.

btkspot89

Forum Probie
I like Elbeco's EMS pants. I have two pair. They don't fade at all, and if you treat them right, the scotch guard or whatever stays nicely intact. Blood and other fluid still beads up and rolls off of mine after two years.
Sounds like I should give them a second chance. Ever since that little rip I chose to not wear them at all.

blinnbuc89

Forum Crew Member
I've used the 5.11 pants and they're terrible unless you have little toothpick legs. Just try stepping up onto something above your knee...the fabric completely binds up on your thigh so you have to work against the pants. They totally restrict freedom of movement, and the crotch isn't well-gusseted, either. I prefer a standard BDU pant in either black or navy blue. FWIW, I'm 5'8" and 185 lbs...so I'm not a total lard-*** trying to fit into pants 2 sizes too small. Just saying...

I have the opposite problem with mine, I'm no small guy, but I am not a real big guy either. I am 5'8 about 210lbs, I'm just real broad. I am have pretty muscular legs have big quads and these 5.11 pants I have are HUGE on me. I bought the 34x30, the waist is fine, but the legs are very very baggy and have got things hung up on my pants before because of this. When I order more pants next week I think I will get the tac lite ones and get the legs narrowed (? dont know if it can be done, but why not?). I love my 5.11 pants. I have had 2 pair that I have worn for 2 years! Actually a little more than that. They are not ripped, torn, have barely faded. I am very impressed with their pants. I will be buying from them again. I like their pants more than their boots, in fact I am wearing 5.11 from head to toe right now, except underwear (I'm at work). But, I digress. I like the 5.11 pants. They have many pockets too. just a side note.

F.N.G

Forum Ride Along
Proper

When I went shopping for pants I found 5.11 and they were exactly what I wanted but a little to pricey for me. Then I found Proper Critical Edge. They're almost exactly the same in style and for less money. The Proper pants have held up like a champ and have shown a reasonable amount of fading considering they get used/washed at least once and sometimes twice a week! Stitching has held up great as well. It's almost like they're still new pants.

feldy

Forum Captain
i too am a fan of the 5.11 EMS and tactical. I have the knee pads but never wear them since it can be hot to wear and also when standing they are actually below my knee and is can be annoying. Ive had them for a year and they have not faded and havnt ripped.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I use the propper EMT pants and then I also have a pair of Flying Cross nomex pants that I really like.