EMS Legacy

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Over the years I've seen many of my EMS partners come and go. Some were born to be EMTs, and others struggled. Looking back at the time I spent with them in the ambulance, I can say that each has taught me something about EMS and life.

Professionally, what would kind you like to be known/remembered as?

I want to be an EMT that acts and believes in the good of people, and is compassionate even under the most trying circumstances. I want my patients and partners to see that I give 100% each and every day, even if I feel as though I can only give half that. I hope that each and every patient feels as though I'm there not only to provide medical treatment and support, but also that I will act as their advocate. I hope that my colleagues believe that I'm hard working, competent, and always willing to learn and better myself.

It's not to maintain these ideals while working in the private EMS sector, but I try, and hope my patients and colleagues recognize my efforts.

MariaCatEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
MMiz said:
Over the years I've seen many of my EMS partners come and go. Some were born to be EMTs, and others struggled. Looking back at the time I spent with them in the ambulance, I can say that each has taught me something about EMS and life.

Professionally, what would kind you like to be known/remembered as?

I want to be an EMT that acts and believes in the good of people, and is compassionate even under the most trying circumstances. I want my patients and partners to see that I give 100% each and every day, even if I feel as though I can only give half that. I hope that each and every patient feels as though I'm there not only to provide medical treatment and support, but also that I will act as their advocate. I hope that my colleagues believe that I'm hard working, competent, and always willing to learn and better myself.

It's not to maintain these ideals while working in the private EMS sector, but I try, and hope my patients and colleagues recognize my efforts.

I do my best.....all I can do. I struggle too much with liking myself every day, let alone worrying about what others think....generally in that department, I think the worst anyway:sad:

gradygirl

TROUBLE
MariaCatEMT said:
I do my best.....all I can do. I struggle too much with liking myself every day, let alone worrying about what others think....generally in that department, I think the worst anyway:sad:

Girl, you're great. Just remember that.

I want to be remembered as the EMT who loved her job. And the one who raised the bar (I come from an entire family of doctor's, so First Do No Harm has been utterly engrained in me). I want to be the one who dedicated as much time as possible to serve the community, while still maintaining a high scholastic standard. Plainly, I want to be the best I can be.

NYCWatchdog

Forum Probie
The legacy I would want is not one of rememberance or one people would even know my name to. It would be the grandkids or one of the world changing works of someone who I brought back. Knowing that would be good enough for me.