Ems jobs any location in the us?

wully_31

Forum Probie
So does anyone know of any good ems services looking or may be looking in future for Paramedics? Looking to move anywhere really in the US. Looking for decent pay other then the bullcrap $29,000. Looking for a place that actually treats there medics some what decent. Looking for high call volume but not a must. Can either be a County Service, Private service, Hospital Based, or Fire based (but not really wanting that). Just if you know any services in your area or that you know information on will be good help. Thanks.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I know Albuquerque Ambulance Service (Phs.org) is looking for medics, I think Acadian and Medstar are as well. AMR in various places, Rural Metro here in CO... Those are the ones I know of off the top of my head

OP
OP
W

wully_31

Forum Probie
Does anyone know anything about Albuquerque Ambulance Service I have looked them up and can hardly find anything on their website at phs.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Does anyone know anything about Albuquerque Ambulance Service I have looked them up and can hardly find anything on their website at phs.

I know a decent amount, I lived in ABQ and worked for another area private service. What do you wanna know?

OP
OP
W

wully_31

Forum Probie
Just what kind of shifts they work, or if they are SSM or posted, pay scale, is it a good service, number of calls, just anything you know would be great.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Just what kind of shifts they work, or if they are SSM or posted, pay scale, is it a good service, number of calls, just anything you know would be great.

They are NMs premier service. 12 or 13 hour shifts primarily. A few stationed 24 cars. The 12 and 13 hour busses are SSM cars. They run transport/second tier to AFD and BCFD. For the most part progressive protocols, good medical direction, good equipment. Pay is decent, about comparable to what I've seen medics make here in the Denver Metro, and cost of living is less in ABQ.

The service is not exactly a private service, they are a non-profit ambulance service run by Presbyterian Healthcare Services. Their 911 trucks are usually medic/basic with the occasional medic/intermediate or even rarer medic/medic. They also run IFT busses but those are usually I/B cars. ALS does run transfers occasionally but not too terribly often.

I did my second round of medic internship with them. Most of the medics and crews there are well trained and like their job. They seemed pretty on top of everything and the vehicles and equipment are well maintained. Plus they got a new base building where all the rigs not out on the road are kept indoors in a large garage facility. Most rigs are Type Is with a few Type IIIs that they are slowly phasing out.

AVPU

Forum Lieutenant
Lifeline Ambulance in WA is hiring medics....

Thanach

Forum Crew Member
Cataldo just north of Boston is always hiring medics, 2-24 hour shifts, yes, those 8 hours are paid as OT, health, dental, 401K, pretty good payscale, they get all the nice toys as they come out, and have 12 municipal contracts (they're the 911 provider to 12 cities) and ummm yup......

Yes, I do work for them, No I'm not management, just a regular grunt field medic

All of their dedicated trucks are double medic, as are almost all of their Transfer trucks, no PB except on 1 inter-facility transfer truck that's dedicated to the BIDMC (that truck spends it's days doing .5 mile trips between the two campuses of aforementioned hospital.