EMS Grant writing

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey folks! I am in the process of learning how to write grants for our EMS program, and I need a starting point. Any ideas or infomation on how to get started would be great. THANKS FOLKS!!:) :) :)

OP
OP
Airwaygoddess

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
I can already tell my brains are going to hurt!:p ;) :p

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
steps to writing a grant:

1. buy gun, bullets, prefferably large caliber
2. thouroughly read manual to gain intimate knowledge of the working of the gun. you want to be succesful your first time
3. load gun
4. aim at head
5. pull trigger
6. repeat as necessary, titrating to effect(death)

i hate writing grants(can you tell????) i would rather complete above process than ever write another one. best bet if its your first time, get a template. if its a homeland security grant, theres a guide available form the grant web page. this could be used for other grants as well. for your rough draft, fill in the blanks. then expound, edit as neccessary. proofread, proofread PROOFREAD!!!! some grant app reviewers wont even consider an app that has lots of errors. be as specific as you can be without giving too much detail. and seriously consider what you need v. want. dont ask for too much but dont shortchange yourself either.

clear as mud? perfect.

OP
OP
Airwaygoddess

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks Kev! :) :) p.s. how is your shoulder feeling? doing any P.T.?

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
cant feel a damn thing( percocet...aint it grand)

still hurts when i move it too much in any direction but with the clean mri, thats just muscle ache, probably from being in the same position for almost a month i guess. still waiting on comp to approve my p.t. which i dont understand the delay since it was their initial reccomended courese of tx....

i hate w/c.

thnaks for asking....

OP
OP
Airwaygoddess

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Honey be pushy about the P.T. if the dam doctor ordered they need to do it. What they are doing is denial of care!:glare:

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
There is an art to " grant writing" it is all dependent on the type of grant, and how, what, they want response to. Hence, why there is professional grant writers.

I would be sure that it is no spelling or grammatical errors. If it asks for attachments and tabs to be sure to label appropriately, as well if it is wanting a short response, be sure it is that.

I always found to see the number of grants being issued, in direct correlation in how picky they are. As well, it may take repeated attempts to display interests to them.

Good luck,

R/r 911

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
Honey be pushy about the P.T. if the dam doctor ordered they need to do it. What they are doing is denial of care!:glare:

i call them every day for that and the fact that this saturday will make it a month and i havent yet see a dime. i have nine dollars to my name and 700 in bills due anywhere from last week to the end of the month. i am officially broke. i just got appproved for a new credit card that would be maxed before the envelope is opened were that possible

and btw, i call every day sometimes more than once they never pick up. i recieve one call per week.

im screwed.....

bikenmedic

Forum Ride Along
www.tgci.com

These folks offer 1 week grant training around the country. I haven't attended yet, but my employeer informed me I'm going later this year. It looks pricey, but, a) I'm not paying for it, and b) the registration fee includes access to a data base of available grants, and resources to help with the writing process.