EMS conference in Tampa, attendee's may have been exposed to Covid19...

Martyn

Forum Asst. Chief

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
duh.... large gathering of people, thousands of people, you're going to have exposure. It is what it is.

However, these types of articles lead to chicken little believing the sky is falling. Yes, someone is infected, yet 97.3% (the number changes depending on what source you use) of people who are infected recover. So much self quarantining, so much panic.....

Just for comparison, SARS had a 10% fatality rate, MERS had a 34% mortality rate, and ebola had a 40% mortality rate..... so while more people are getting infected, fewer people are dying. Compare this to H1N1, or swine flue, where there were between 700million and 1.4 billion infected, with a mortality rate of 0.02%...

Want to prevent catching it? cover your mouth when you sneeze, and wash your hands.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
he told me that he was there that day, told everyone that it was not worth holding this conference, but no one took his words seriously. How many lives could have been saved if only this meeting had been canceled.
How many people died? I heard people were exposed, but haven't heard of any deaths related to this conference. Maybe no lives would have been saved, because no lives were actually lost?

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
How many people died? I heard people were exposed, but haven't heard of any deaths related to this conference. Maybe no lives would have been saved, because no lives were actually lost?
My Gosh! Stop letting facts get in the way! This was the most deadly event ever had, according to some Brit from the UK who may or may not have been there and who may or may not have been Pt Zero…

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
Zero infection policies are devastating to communities from top to bottom.