EMR psychomotor

Apie2546

Forum Probie
Hello all!
My name is andrew. I am an EMR student. Currently almost done with my online course. I am confused by nremt requirements for texas. My app only needs course completion and practical skills verification. The skills said my school is required to verify my completion, which I have a skills and testing weekend in July. I imagine practical skills refers to that. Upon a search on the nremt website i found nremt/about/psychomotor_exam_emr.asp (add nremt org before. Cant post a link yet:)) but when I search for a psychomotor exam it only offers emt a, emt I and paramedic. Am I missing something? My emt basic friend says he only took a computer test.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
For EMT (and EMR I presume- I haven't actually seen an EMR patch in 4-5 years, didn't realize that was still a thing), the skills verification is completed throughout the course. There's not necessarily a dedicated skills day like AEMT and Paramedic. So if you have a skills weekend scheduled with your program, that will likely be the required verification.

As to a list of the skills, I believe it's just bandaging, splinting, and spinal motion restriction. There may be something I'm missing, but there is definitely nothing to stress over. They are very simple and straightforward.

OP
OP
Apie2546

Apie2546

Forum Probie
For EMT (and EMR I presume- I haven't actually seen an EMR patch in 4-5 years, didn't realize that was still a thing), the skills verification is completed throughout the course. There's not necessarily a dedicated skills day like AEMT and Paramedic. So if you have a skills weekend scheduled with your program, that will likely be the required verification.

As to a list of the skills, I believe it's just bandaging, splinting, and spinal motion restriction. There may be something I'm missing, but there is definitely nothing to stress over. They are very simple and straightforward.
Perfect, I appreciate your help!
Been a vol ff in my town for three years and the ems supervisor said I should get my emr because it is quick and I can be hired by them. While im working im going to get my emt b. Theyve just been severely understaffed so they want me in the door:)

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Perfect, I appreciate your help!
Been a vol ff in my town for three years and the ems supervisor said I should get my emr because it is quick and I can be hired by them. While im working im going to get my emt b. Theyve just been severely understaffed so they want me in the door:)
Good luck

PeterAZ

Forum Ride Along
Since your taking an online course and not in person, I would look into any possible skills practice opportunities near you, as sometimes a local community college will have open door times with actual skills stations set up to practice. Also, there is one or two skills stations (I think one) that is picked at random. Sometimes the instructor(s) will let you know which will be used, or at least hint at which skill station.

Good luck.

Fry14MN

Security Officer/Dispatcher/FR
When I went through my EMR cert., we has the typical written test and then we were tested on six skills, 2 skills per scenario. YouTube has great videos on mock skills tests. Check them out.

The skills were were test on were: Cardiac Management/AED, Medical Assessment, Trauma Assessment, Bleeding/Shock Management, Oxygen Administration and BVM Ventilation.

ThePants

Forum Crew Member
The skills were were test on were: Cardiac Management/AED, Medical Assessment, Trauma Assessment, Bleeding/Shock Management, Oxygen Administration and BVM Ventilation.

When I did my EMR cert for fire academy, we also had to do an OB skill. I'm not sure if that's a regular thing.

OP
OP
Apie2546

Apie2546

Forum Probie
When I went through my EMR cert., we has the typical written test and then we were tested on six skills, 2 skills per scenario. YouTube has great videos on mock skills tests. Check them out.

Was this done through your classes and professor? Thanks everyone!

Fry14MN

Security Officer/Dispatcher/FR
Was this done through your classes and professor? Thanks everyone!
Yes, everything was done in class with my instructor and a couple EMTs and Paramedics. One for each station and one to watch us taking the test(written).

OP
OP
Apie2546

Apie2546

Forum Probie
Hey everyone, wanted to let you know I got perfect marks on all my NREMT skills and got a 88 in the class. Im one of two that passed. Now I just need to focus on the NREMT. My friend is a Officer at a large college in Texas and he said he passed the EMR NREMT the first time but he took the test 3 months after a very fast course with no prestudying so I hope I am in good shape.