Employment in Texas

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
As long as its got some 911, not shady, and pays OK, Ill consider it.

OP
OP
C

ChickenMcSuckIT

Forum Probie
Acadian is offering 5k bonus for Houston. 10k bonus for Beaumont but it also requires residency. But it is also for paramedic and I know the Beaumont requires a 2 year contract. You have to keep actively looking and be careful of shady companies but Houston always has jobs open and the bigger privates pay pretty decent. If you getting ready to get discharged employers usually take fresh out of the military as a plus.

You know I figured since I was coming off of 6 years active duty and the fact that I have pretty decent loyalty to past employers that I would be an ideal candidate. Then again I could just be being impatient and not giving the companies time to get back to me. It is still a concern that I have as I dont want to be without a job. I contacted Acadian and the "recruiter" or whoever they are pretty much said contact them when I move back to Texas.

I was hoping that since I was flying down and going on vacation in mid May that I would be able to set up some test or interviews. NO luck though, oh well I guess I just gotta keep trying just gotta get lucky once.

RocketMedic

Who covers Corpus Christi and the surrounding area? My squad leader has pretty much sold me on San Antonio/Bee County/Live Oak County (essentially Acadian's southwest service area) but I'd like to know more about the area.

Thanks!

OP
OP
C

ChickenMcSuckIT

Forum Probie
Who covers Corpus Christi and the surrounding area? My squad leader has pretty much sold me on San Antonio/Bee County/Live Oak County (essentially Acadian's southwest service area) but I'd like to know more about the area.

Thanks!

Its Guardian EMS from what I can find on the web. They cover Corpus Christi, and the Gregory/Portland area. Rocketmedic40 I was stationed in CC and I actaully applied with Guardian EMS as an EMT-B and never heard anything back from them. If you need any insight to the area please feel free to PM me.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Its Guardian EMS from what I can find on the web. They cover Corpus Christi, and the Gregory/Portland area. Rocketmedic40 I was stationed in CC and I actaully applied with Guardian EMS as an EMT-B and never heard anything back from them. If you need any insight to the area please feel free to PM me.

Doesnt Corpus Christi FD handle the city transports?

Im having trouble figuring out who else handles 911 down there. Best I can tell its a big mix of providers.

OP
OP
C

ChickenMcSuckIT

Forum Probie

Im having trouble figuring out who else handles 911 down there. Best I can tell its a big mix of providers.

I believe you are right, CCFD does handle thier own city limits. I know I applied with Guardian EMS on thier website they have that. You might be able to look under San Patricio County not sure if that helps.

RocketMedic

I'm still thinking San Antonio is better.

RocketMedic

Same here. An acquaintance of mine has very few positive things to say about Guardian, and I'm a fan of San Antonio.

RocketMedic

For some reason, I keep picturing hurricane-force winds held down by leftover Deepwater Horizon oil.