Employment in PA

OKtoPAEmt

Forum Ride Along
I'm a newly registered Basic in Pennsylvania and i'm looking for a good company to apply with can anyone help me?

rforeman

Forum Probie
Where in Pa are you located? I have lots of contacts in Pa, let me know what part of the state, and what kind of experience you have.
Rob

OP
OP
O

OKtoPAEmt

Forum Ride Along
I live in the Pottstown area and that's the problem is I don't have any real experiance other than my clincals and the short time I served on a fire department in OK

Last edited by a moderator:

rforeman

Forum Probie
OK, well, in Pottstown there is Goodwill. They are a good place to start. If you have Berks. I did my Paramedic in Reading and worked with some very good providers there. There is also Boyertown. Going the other way, you have Trappe, Lafeyete(check spelling). Valley Forge. Down 100 south, you have Uwchlan Ambulance, and Downingtown. If you go out into Chester County Westward, you have Elverson EMS which is an outstanding rural company that is great to work for, little plug as I worked there while in Medic Class. If you go on www.chesterfire.com, and check out there links page you can start there. Also register for there Forums and check the employment thread. I am asking around to see who is hiring to point you in a more direct direction, but that stuff should help. Any questions on any of the departs left me know!!!!

staroflife92

Forum Ride Along
I am scheduled to have an interview with plymouth community ambulance in pa next week. I have some volunteer experience but I am fairly new to the EMS system. Is there any advice anyone has for myself to make this a successful interview? I've been looking for EMS jobs and this is really the first one to bite and give me an opportunity.

rforeman

Forum Probie
Plymouth is a good place to work from the few people I know from the area. They are a busy company that has a wide range of services.
As for interview help, just be yourself, explain your experiences in EMS, and experiences from previous jobs you've had. Also don't make-up EMS experiences you haven't had. We all had to start somewhere and realize that not everyone has years of experience. Sell yourself on what you can offer to them and above all else, be yourself.