Emergency and Lifeline interview (SoCal)

hansolo92

Forum Ride Along
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is my first time using emtlife. I've learned a lot on here and now I'm here myself looking for advice.
I recently just acquired my state license in California and applied to a Emergency and Lifeline. I got interviews with them next week and I was hoping anyone who has gotten an interview with them can tell me what I can expect in interview and if there is any test I should prepare for?
Emergency told me there is a testing portion included with the interview. Has anyone done this testing portion with them?
Do you know what kind of shifts they have?
Thanks for reading and I look forward to your help.

I've also applied with Care and Liberty so any information about them would be great too!

-Han

If you can work in Los Angeles check out at Schaefer they still have fully paid 24's time and a half after 8. Day cars as well. 24's are Tues-Thurs, Monday-Friday, Sunday-Wednesday, and every 3rd Saturday.

@hansolo92 I haven't heard anything extraordinary about Lifeline in LA County. That is not to say they're OC division is the same way or even better. They are not LA County licensed yet.

Liberty: probably more diverse IFT's due to their ALS program in LA County and number of hospital contracts.

Care: obviously 911, and still do a good amount of IFT's in both LA and OC.

I have heard through the rumor mill that Schaefer will loose their 911 (not sure if all or just some and again, this is just hearsay)

it seems that a lot of providers are hurting for EMTs, including 911 companies. It is a good time to go in and ask for as much as you can per hour and even sign on bonuses seem to be regular now.

Good Luck.

@hansolo92 I haven't heard anything extraordinary about Lifeline in LA County. That is not to say they're OC division is the same way or even better. They are not LA County licensed yet.

Liberty: probably more diverse IFT's due to their ALS program in LA County and number of hospital contracts.

Care: obviously 911, and still do a good amount of IFT's in both LA and OC.

I have heard through the rumor mill that Schaefer will loose their 911 (not sure if all or just some and again, this is just hearsay)

it seems that a lot of providers are hurting for EMTs, including 911 companies. It is a good time to go in and ask for as much as you can per hour and even sign on bonuses seem to be regular now.

Good Luck.
Appreciate your help, sir!

We all gotta start somewhere. My best bet would be to try and get in with care or another big animal in la county. There is nothing good out of lifeline and your skills will deteriorate fast.

From the two you have interviews.
Aim for Emergency, for obvious reasons (911,etc) know what you as an EMT can do in order to help a Medic on a call.(spike, etc)
Test is basic NREMT along with cares.
Emergency is known for having a tough interview so be on your A-game.
Goodluck

Liberty works 8 hour shifts but you'll get held over for at least an hour on a regular basis. So, if you like overtime, that's the place to work. Also, they are converting a lot of their bls units to als so, there will be more opportunity to work an als rig there.

Have you tried AMR, Bowers, Doctors?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Back