Emergency Ambulance (Orange County)

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Well that was weird Vudu.

Just go to AMR Rancho or Riverside :)

Vudu Medic

Forum Ride Along
Emergency Ambulance

I know its harsh lol but These new EMT's don't need to deal with them. It use to be a great company to work for and I love the owner of the company but its just not a place I would recommend to anyone.

nick92

Forum Ride Along
I would like some info on Emergency Ambulance Service.. I had an interview with CARE.. but I don't think I will get it.. :(

OP
OP
SoCalEMS

SoCalEMS

Forum Probie
Dont waste your time. Go to Care, Doctors, Medix, or Premiere. Many other options.

I would like some info on Emergency Ambulance Service.. I had an interview with CARE.. but I don't think I will get it.. :(

Yes there are many other options but if you wanna run 911 and get great experience i definitely recommend EAS. If you wanna run IFT's and don't care for 911 then it's not the place for you. I applied here with the intention to get hours for medic school and lots of ALS contact. Mission accomplished :D

djarmpit

Forum Lieutenant
Yes there are many other options but if you wanna run 911 and get great experience i definitely recommend EAS. If you wanna run IFT's and don't care for 911 then it's not the place for you. I applied here with the intention to get hours for medic school and lots of ALS contact. Mission accomplished :D

Are they still hiring and is the only station out of Brea?

nick92

Forum Ride Along
I'll apply at brea soon. Hopefully they hire me because I think I can make a great asset to the team :)

A week after my interview, they didn't hire me because they wanted someone with "Fire experience". I have 1 year experience and am a Paramedic intern yet it wasn't "Fire enough". Maybe they didn't like my answer to their interview question "What kind of animal would you be and why?"

Side note.....I got hired by AMR, Care, and Mccormick in the same month.

dhump4free

Forum Crew Member
Always picking up new guys and right now is a good time to apply. Main station is Brea (daycars,cct,911) and we have Placentia & Yorba Linda (911)

Thanks for the info SoCal. I'll be dropping an application here shortly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Emergency Ambulance

You want to know about Emergency Ambulance come talk to me. Have you already started? I can still fill you in on what you need to know. Hit me up

hi! I am coming in this week for my written test and I want EA more than anything and was hoping you can tell me what subjects to study up on ? thanks!

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
hi! I am coming in this week for my written test and I want EA more than anything and was hoping you can tell me what subjects to study up on ? thanks!

RELAX. You do realize the last post was over two years ago, by people that don't even come on here anymore correct?

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Within the last two weeks there have been a couple Emergency threads with decent info in them.

With no real first hand knowledge on their testing, I assume it'll be your basic writen and skills. All the companies test about the same. They know you guys are new and a lot of the real learning comes from being out in the field. They just want to make sure you're not a complete dunce. I've yet to hear of an LA/OC skills exam to be "Let's pretend in this next scenario that you're a paramedic, now run this megacode!"

The interview is really where you're going to make or break it.

I started applying to companies almost a year after taking National Registry. I spent a couple weeks before starting applications retyping all my notes from EMT school. You don't need to be that extreme, but spend some time reading through your notes and watch the skills DVD. Also, not that it'll be on the test, but go to OCEMS' site and read through the different policies and familiarize yourself with where the different Trauma, Stroke, STEMI, and Burn hospitals are.

Based on one of the threads, I know Emergency is actively hiring. Doctors, PacifcRM, and Lifeline are also looking for people. Get in where you can in this business, get some experience, then move on to somewhere that provides you with the environment you want to work.