Elite Ambulance ***Shutdown*** RIP!

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Saw these today out in the auction lot at 213th St and Avalon in the city Carson.

image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg

Counted 25 rigs plus the Sup truck

fatkid

New, but gettin the hang of EMS
Another IFT Los angeles company on the list for medical fraud Elite ambulance has officially shut it doors today.
wow about 40-50 Riggs out of service. I wonder who next ANY suggestions????
They are still running a couple rigs. I have seen them out trans. patients and confirmed with a guy I know that used to work there until recently.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
They are still running a couple rigs. I have seen them out trans. patients and confirmed with a guy I know that used to work there until recently.

That is way over simplified. When Medicare suspect company of fraud, they freeze payment until they have a chances to do an audit. During that time company gets no payment from medicare. It appears that broker such as Logisticare etc are also freezing them out as well. The only place that might still be giving them some business is Olympia hospital as I seen few of their units there. Depending how the audit goes, they might be gone forever or they might be able to reopen. Only time will tell on exactly what will happen.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
All I know is I'm going to cruise down to the auction yard and pick me up a rig to thrash in the desert.

Maybe get a Sup truck as well.
If Bowers were smart they would be down there buying to retire older stuff with this stuff. But from what I've seen in the past amr takeovers usually get all new equipment to begin with.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
I was thinking the same thing. From what little time I had to look, those rigs don't look to be in too bad of shape. They're much newer than what my company is currently rocking.

I'm sure you'll see the depravity oozing serpent managers from the surrounding companies standing there salivating with their bidding number in hand.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Here are the facts that as i know them as of today.

1) They didn't get shutdown by FBI.
2) Owner didn't get arrested and no one is looking for him
3) They are not totally gone, they still have some private contracts left
4) They shutdown after medicare investigator showed up and requested medical records for patient and also medicare ruled other patients were ineligible and demand money back for them.

fatkid

New, but gettin the hang of EMS
Here are the facts that as i know them as of today.

1) They didn't get shutdown by FBI.
2) Owner didn't get arrested and no one is looking for him
3) They are not totally gone, they still have some private contracts left
4) They shutdown after medicare investigator showed up and requested medical records for patient and also medicare ruled other patients were ineligible and demand money back for them.

How did you get the skinny on them.

Levi95

Forum Ride Along
You're getting your wish.

Medlife has maybe a few months left before they have to force closure. I imagine THEN they'll hide behind AmbuLife or whatever the hell other company they bought.

Pretty impressed that they're all getting closed for medi medi and not because of the current county license requirements. I thought LA County would be bumping off all these ****ty BLS Armenian owned companies.

Not sad to see 'em go, but man. For the companies left over they're going to be FLOODED! Time to hire those EMTs into their open arms.

Also everyone who just lost their job, stay away from Explorer-1 in Compton.

My opinion is go for the companies list above I.E. AMR, Bowers, etc.
I just started working at medlife not long ago I hope it doesn't shut down. I'm glad to see elite shut it's doors tho, I hated working at that pile of crap

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
AMRs back parking lot?

At least now It'll actually be used to do EMS related business.

Kim McCarthy

Forum Ride Along
Does anyone that worked at Elite have their W2 forms from LAST years taxes 2014? To file this year, we need to have Elites Tax ID number, which would show on your old 2014 W2.

My son only worked there Feb - June 2015, but like everyone else, he did not get his 2015 W2's. The state tax office was called, they could tell us that Elite did file their 1st and 2nd quarter taxes, but not their 3rd or 4th (probably because they were already closed down). The tax office wouldn't give our accountant the Tax ID number, so we can't file electronically. Instead we're having to file with information from his last paycheck stub, and we have to do it manually on paper and wait a long time for the return to come back. If we could get the Tax ID number, it would be faster. Fortunately, the amounts that show on his last paycheck stub, is what they show at the tax office, so that's good. They just don't put the TAX ID on paychecks, only W2's.

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
I might have an older one from like 2013. I'm working a 36 so I can look for you tomorrow night.