EKG Strips

mreid99

Forum Crew Member
We're about to get into our cardiac chapter and I am reading ahead. But the EKG just is not getting thru. I've read the links I found on this site and a few others... Any tips would be helpful...

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Not sure if I understand your question. If you are attempting to understand learning EKG's, there are several excellent text books. I highly suggest " Rapid ECG Interpretation by Dubin to learn ECG's. It is worth the money because it is written uniquely and at a higher level as well cover physiology that is needed to understand ECG's.

R/r 911

NREMT3138

Forum Probie
I know it's been a month since this thread was started but I have a really good website to go to:

www.skillstat.com

You can take practice tests, learn alot of rhythms and why they happen. You can freeze the screen to take a closer look. I took each rhythm, froze the screen, and printed it to use as a study guide. It works great.

hangit

Forum Crew Member
I know it's been a month since this thread was started but I have a really good website to go to:

www.skillstat.com

You can take practice tests, learn alot of rhythms and why they happen. You can freeze the screen to take a closer look. I took each rhythm, froze the screen, and printed it to use as a study guide. It works great.

pretty cool site.

GaEMT

Forum Crew Member
Rapid Interpretation of EKGs mentioned by RR above is one of the great classics. I learned with the 1st Edition

OP
OP
M

mreid99

Forum Crew Member
Point taken.

TheWedgie

Forum Probie
Not sure if I understand your question. If you are attempting to understand learning EKG's, there are several excellent text books. I highly suggest " Rapid ECG Interpretation by Dubin to learn ECG's. It is worth the money because it is written uniquely and at a higher level as well cover physiology that is needed to understand ECG's.

R/r 911

Agreed. This book was fantastic, although I've also been enjoying (my friends call me sick) "Basic Dysrhythymias" by Robert J Huszar.
ECG's are probably the one thing that I've actually found 'easy' in my degree, but both these books, and a few clinical placements with a Cardiologist at a nearby hospital, certainly helped.

Perhaps see if you can spend some time at your local hospital with a Cardiologist or similar?

-Nick

SMC

Forum Probie
yup

Most people can glance an EKG strip and tell you what it is most of the time. But make sure you understand what’s happening in the heart that makes it come out on paper like it does. Then use that tool along with looking at and treating your patient not just the monitor. If I'm wrong correct me. ^_^