Drug Calculation Problems

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
I am looking for some resources on drug calculations, beyond what the book provides. I'd like to find a large number of varying difficulty problems with answers that I can do in my spare time to help me out with this particular portion of class.

I'm on the constant prowel for education resources to help me with class so if I finally find soem I will also update the post with the new places/resources I managed to find.

medic417

The Truth Provider
OP
OP
Dominion

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
I found that busy paramedics one and it was helpful, also another paramedic here I've been riding with showed me these two calculations:

Weight conversion:
lbs/2*10%

and

dose to be administered x weight x gtt
dose on hand / fluid

I think that's right I'll have to look at my notes later. But from what he said it was an all encompassing style of equation that works for both weight and non-weight based dosages that gives drips/min (again I might have that wrong I need to look at my notes)

I wanted some problems to start testing those on and see how it works and just med calcs in general.

The second one looks interesting but is all blocks on the PC I'm on. Will ahve to check it out later. Thanks for the inputs so far though :)

OP
OP
Dominion

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
Found a couple resources but all of them were topped by my instructor who gave us two huge packets of around 300 different problems. I don't have answers to the second packet, but I do have the answers to the first packet, if you'd like the packets let me know and I can scan them in. I can scan in the second packet as well but it is more of a takehome quiz for us so of course doesn't have the answers on it.