Dropped misdemeanor charge and employment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin bohan

Forum Ride Along
Ok the other day my wife called the police on me because I was drunk and she didn't mean to and was trying to call my father. I took the phone out of her hand as I thought she was calling my father late at night. Police show up and I get arrested for interference with an emergency call. If this case was dismissed and I get it expunged eventually will this prevent me from working for the county or state?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Your first post here and it is essentially seeking legal advice which is against rules.

That alone is enough to get this locked.

As for your story, this is not the place to try and gain sympathy and your facts and overall presentation just suck. Might want to try and get it all sorted before you stand in front of judge.

OP
OP
K

Kevin bohan

Forum Ride Along
Ok where should I rethread this to? You're wasting my time and your time by trying to start an argument with me over nothing. Seriously? I was just trying to asking for some advice...

OP
OP
K

Kevin bohan

Forum Ride Along
Ok the other day my wife called the police on me because I was drunk and she didn't mean to and was trying to call my father. I took the phone out of her hand as I thought she was calling my father late at night. Police show up and I get arrested for interference with an emergency call. If this case was dismissed and I get it expunged eventually will this prevent me from working for the county or state?
I don't know how my presentation sucked, but ok. Let me try to rephrase this story then. I was at home and drank a few beers, while I was watching tv and ended up falling asleep on the couch. My wife saw that I had been drinking, woke me up unexpectedly, and told me she was gonna call my dad, but since my wife has my father and the emergency number for sherriff department number on speed dial. I get up half asleep to take away the phone from her as not to disturb my sleep father, and hung up. Apparently it was 911 and she told them it was an accident but since I told them I took the phone from her. I got that charge but it was later dismissed. I'm in the process of expunging it to have a clear record. I don't need sympathy from anyone. Honestly I don't care if I get it, I just wanted some advice.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I gave my time freely and willingly, so no waste for me.

Your post is full of a ton of "what if's" and none of them are relevant.

Example: If we say "No you cannot get hired" does that mean you will not seek dismissal and expungement? Does that mean you will no longer pursue a career in EMS?

See my point? Your thread is pointless...you will do what you want to do regardless. If you entering EMS is solely based on opinions from the internet, then you have some serious work in front of you.

Example: If we say "YES you CAN get hired" what does that change for you? I mean seriously...you are a grown *** man, at least one who can drink till he is drunk, is married and can make bad decisions. Why would you need to ask us questions like this...make a decision.

This is not starting an argument over nothing, tbis is merely pointing out that your first post is one right after a negative event.

Anyways...we do not even know where you live, what state, what county...how could anyone even answer this IF it were allowed?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Great. It is "dismissed" and you are already working on having it expunged.

Now, the rest is up to you. Apply, apply and apply....you will have your answers soon enough.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Ok where should I rethread this to?
Your local law firm of choice.

You're wasting my time and your time by trying to start an argument with me over nothing. Seriously?
He wasn't starting an argument. You've been a member of this community for a couple of hours. He's been a member for over a decade. He's explaining how it works here.

Honestly I don't care if I get it, I just wanted some advice.

You're not wanting advice. You're wanting to know a specific answer.

If this case was dismissed and I get it expunged eventually will this prevent me from working for the county or state?

And you ask this without providing the state or county from which-in you reside. So even though our members know better to reply to topics like this, how could we give you accurate information?

lock.gif

Be sure to click here to review our Terms of Service and Rules when you have a few moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.