Drive Cam Videos

emtsteve87

Forum Probie
Does anyone know where I can find some Drivecam videos to download, my squad is going to vote on doing a CEVO training course and I would like to show some clips of what can happen if we are not driving safely to and from scenes. Thanks!

stephenrb81

Forum Lieutenant
That might be hard to come by officially (insurance, reputation, etc...)

Have you checked youtube and sites like that.....I seem to remember watching a few "close call" drivecam videos a while back on youtube I think

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Have you checked out the videos on their site? There are quite a few.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Does anyone know where I can find some Drivecam videos to download, my squad is going to vote on doing a CEVO training course and I would like to show some clips of what can happen if we are not driving safely to and from scenes. Thanks!
Not to be blunt or offensive, but why VOTE on offering CEVO/EVOC courses? Isn't it already required by your insurance? Why would you need to vote on improving the safety of what you do every day (drive)? Have you had a crash recently? If you have the resources, why not offer the course? Why not mandate it? Why is this a question?

OP
OP
emtsteve87

emtsteve87

Forum Probie
No offense taken. No it is NOT required by our insurance, as we are a fire dept with about 20 members. It is not mandated in our bylaws at all. I proposed it to the chief, and he took it to the commissioners who dislike the EMS division of our department. They feel that the ambulance isn't needed because of our at one time small call volume (50-60 calls per year) since the beginning of this year, the volume has doubled as of now, and will undoubtedly get larger. I feel that due to this increase in call volume and since we head an EMT-Basic class in our town; that this class should be offered now and in the future put into the bylaws for every new employee(when we get the materials needed). It was a question because of the lack of resources that my company has.

el Murpharino

Forum Captain
No offense taken. No it is NOT required by our insurance, as we are a fire dept with about 20 members. It is not mandated in our bylaws at all. I proposed it to the chief, and he took it to the commissioners who dislike the EMS division of our department. They feel that the ambulance isn't needed because of our at one time small call volume (50-60 calls per year) since the beginning of this year, the volume has doubled as of now, and will undoubtedly get larger. I feel that due to this increase in call volume and since we head an EMT-Basic class in our town; that this class should be offered now and in the future put into the bylaws for every new employee(when we get the materials needed). It was a question because of the lack of resources that my company has.

Why is it an EMS issue, when all apparatus in your fire department is driven? I'm sure it's a numbers issue, as you go on more EMS calls than fire calls, but it sounds to me that your department is trying to cut corners and let anyone drive without proper training - which is fine until you have a 23 year old kid who's high on adrenaline blow through a stop sign/light and take out a family of four. If your department won't invest in a CEVO class, the least you could do is spearhead an in-house training system that involves watching safety videos and completing an obstacle course.

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
Not to be blunt or offensive, but why VOTE on offering CEVO/EVOC courses? Isn't it already required by your insurance? Why would you need to vote on improving the safety of what you do every day (drive)? Have you had a crash recently? If you have the resources, why not offer the course? Why not mandate it? Why is this a question?

Volunteers.