Does your department have a web site?

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Right now our 911 calls go to Yaphank, about 40 miles away, to the county PD, then get passed on to FRES (Fire Rescue and Emergency Services), then sent to Northport to dispatch. The direct line cuts out the middle man. Other locations have localized 911 dispatching... for example if Northport calls 911 it goes straight to the Northport dispatcher.

STIMMY

Forum Ride Along
New member here... Im a NREMTP with Richmond Ambulance Authority as career and vollie in Hanover County with Ashcake Vol. Rescue Squad.

RAA Web Site is HERE

Ashcake Vol. Rescue Squad is HERE

I built the Ashcake Site myself with the assistance of our Junior Squad Captain.

Thanks for having me and I look forward to the topics we EMS folk can come up with!!

ma2va92

Forum Lieutenant
STIMMY... welcome...... use to live in chesterfield county.... richmond line off rt. 60... now between lynchburg and bedford .... still hear alot of gun shots going off this way... but here it's for hunting... .. not like the richmond area... that was a big reason for moving .. wife was coming home from work (MCV).. and she told me some one tossed something at the van.. i looked .. yup they had tossed some lead.. bullet hole just to the rear of the drivers door...

STIMMY

Forum Ride Along
I gotcha and thanks for the welcome.... Yeah, there are not many nights that go by without the infamous BANG BANG.... I guess thats why we wear vest....

Oh well.... Keep on getting on.... Thanks again!!

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Welcome aboard from Southern California. Look forward to seeing your posts.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Welcome to our own little corner of dysfunction. :D

rescuecpt

Originally posted by Phridae@Dec 30 2004, 04:54 AM
Delavan Rescue Squad, Inc.
Its our new page. Its quite nifty.
Our fire dept. has a site too, but I cant remember the addy for it...
Is it a paid squad? It's staffed full time with two crews and only 27 members, with a decent looking call volume - I hope you guys are paid!

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally posted by rescuecpt+Dec 30 2004, 09:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rescuecpt @ Dec 30 2004, 09:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Phridae@Dec 30 2004, 04:54 AM
Delavan Rescue Squad, Inc.
Its our new page. Its quite nifty.
Our fire dept. has a site too, but I cant remember the addy for it...
Is it a paid squad? It's staffed full time with two crews and only 27 members, with a decent looking call volume - I hope you guys are paid! [/b][/quote]
I'm paid volunteer. Then theres full time and part time medics/emts. We cover our little 8000 people town and surrounding for intercepts quite nicely. I think we have about 5 medics in the city. So if something really bad happens, theres more. Unless they're on vacation. But you get the picture. Soon we'll be adding a third crew for interfacility tranfers. (Taking people to doctors appts. and stuff.)

rescuecpt

Originally posted by emt3225@Apr 18 2005, 01:04 PM
http://www.mineolavac.com/ :rolleyes:
Did you participate in the big drill this weekend? It looks neat, we're doing a big one in Suffolk soon at MacArthur airport.

emt3225

Forum Crew Member
Originally posted by rescuecpt+Apr 18 2005, 01:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rescuecpt @ Apr 18 2005, 01:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-emt3225@Apr 18 2005, 01:04 PM
http://www.mineolavac.com/ :rolleyes:
Did you participate in the big drill this weekend? It looks neat, we're doing a big one in Suffolk soon at MacArthur airport. [/b][/quote]
Actually i wasn't able to make the drill last weekend. I was doing 12 hours on the police ambulance to finish up my rotations for school. :rolleyes: I hope to make the next one they have. They say it really went well..