Does anyone think I should get this checked out?

007medic

Forum Lieutenant
Rid~

That is news to me. I am not saying that you are wrong, but that is not the way that I understood it. Although I have not ever worked with "our county" I have only been involved with people from one county North, and a few in the city. From what I do understand, PC and LC work hand in hand with each other, and I am sure that the ones in the city do as well. Like I said you are probably right, but I understood it a different way, then again we may be talking about completly different HDs.

Thank you for the update though on our county. It will definatly be useful information.

Lyns

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by usafmedic45@Jul 14 2005, 12:05 AM
Go to the ER of a hospital where they don't know you and give them a fake name. That's what I do when I need something minor done (and I have insurance). :lol:
Yeah.....

how many of us will walk into an ED after dropping off a patient and see the doc for a script for something - allergra, Z-pak (Poison Ivy) etc????

Even better is when the doc will write the script without looking at you (like examining the rash or whatever) or taking a PMH...... :rolleyes:

Not that this happens or anything.....

OP
OP
Phridae

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
I still get it, but not as often. If it happens again while I'm at the station, one of the guys said he'll put me on the 5-lead to see. *shrugs*

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Phridae@Jul 17 2005, 01:16 AM
I still get it, but not as often. If it happens again while I'm at the station, one of the guys said he'll put me on the 5-lead to see. *shrugs*
Careful about that - where does the 5th lead go???? ;) :lol:

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
My baby medic was hoping to find my u wave, but it only shows up sometimes. He hasn't found it yet, but I'm starting to get very sticky from those darn 12 leads.

OP
OP
Phridae

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Jul 18 2005, 10:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Jul 18 2005, 10:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Phridae@Jul 17 2005, 01:16 AM
I still get it, but not as often.  If it happens again while I'm at the station, one of the guys said he'll put me on the 5-lead to see. *shrugs*
Careful about that - where does the 5th lead go???? ;) :lol: [/b][/quote]
Why did you have to make that dirty?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Jul 18 2005, 11:46 AM
My baby medic was hoping to find my u wave, but it only shows up sometimes. He hasn't found it yet, but I'm starting to get very sticky from those darn 12 leads.
should I even go there?

Attachments

• 12ekg.gif
    12ekg.gif
    7.4 KB · Views: 247

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Jul 18 2005, 10:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Jul 18 2005, 10:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Phridae@Jul 17 2005, 01:16 AM
I still get it, but not as often.  If it happens again while I'm at the station, one of the guys said he'll put me on the 5-lead to see. *shrugs*
Careful about that - where does the 5th lead go???? ;) :lol: [/b][/quote]
Gets out the rolled up newspaper... :p

I tried to e-draw a picture, but my electrodes looked like jelly donuts, so I found an interactive photo of a 5 Lead ECG.

fivelead.gif

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR+Jul 18 2005, 01:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TTLWHKR @ Jul 18 2005, 01:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Jul 18 2005, 10:40 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Phridae
@Jul 17 2005, 01:16 AM

Careful about that - where does the 5th lead go???? ;) :lol:
Gets out the rolled up newspaper... :p

I tried to e-draw a picture, but my electrodes looked like jelly donuts, so I found an interactive photo of a 5 Lead ECG.

fivelead.gif
[/b][/quote]
Thanks Alex.... that's about where I was told they go....

and that was my point.....

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
You can also put the 5th electrode on the back, left side, under the same position as "LL" on the chart.

OP
OP
Phridae

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Jul 18 2005, 10:01 PM
You can also put the 5th electrode on the back, left side, under the same position as "LL" on the chart.
I've never heard that before. Hm.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Jul 18 2005, 11:01 PM
I thought the purpose of the 5th lead was the "V1" lead.. with some algorythyms... can actually extrapolate the 12-lead from the 5... but the one that can go anywhere is the LL lead-- the Ground lead... really dosen't matter where it goes... or so I was told...

Jon