Does anyone have tips for taking the NREMT?

ams

Forum Ride Along
for those of you reading this in 2018 looking for some new info!! i would recommend you buy a prep book - I used Crash Course EMT and found it worked pretty well as a supplement to my course, maybe read the actual textbook for the chapters you have trouble with and use this for the rest.

For practice, use quizlets - if u google "emt chapter ___ quizlet", the chapters correlate to the orange book so you can pick chapters that you have trouble with (or do all of them!), I haven't had any luck finding one that is a mix of all the chapters but you could potentially create your own. You have to click around a bit but you can find a few for each chapter that have questions, the multiple choices, and answers rather than just the questions and the answers. These are pretty representative of the actual exam because they are a nice mix of general knowledge and scenario based questions. I did buy practice exams from Newton Test Prep but didn't like these questions as much as the quizlet ones.

Honestly I learned more from practicing than memorizing my prep book (which I still recommend doing if you can) because it's nice seeing symptoms rephrased and presented in a new way, which is what happens on the exam as well; they don't know what sources you used to study and will use different vocabulary from what you're used to.