Do you think I'm employable for EMS work?

jkrewko

Forum Crew Member
don't listen to the negative replies. i was a total screw up when I was younger. Now I am a firefighter/medic for a city dept. people change, follow your dreams

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
don't listen to the negative replies. i was a total screw up when I was younger. Now I am a firefighter/medic for a city dept. people change, follow your dreams
For small little issues or issues that happened a long time ago sure. But 7 traffic violations (my company looks back 10 years) mixed with 2 public intoxications mixed with a possible assault on a police officer that might still be on his record, it does not look good at all.

Yetti

Forum Probie
The assault charge even if dismissed might also prevent you from even becoming certified in your county/ state. I could be wrong but that should be something you research prior to paying for emt class.

joshrunkle35

EMT-P/RN
If it’s 10 years after all of the incidents, and you’re squeaky clean, have great references from other jobs, you volunteer at something, you’re passionate about helping people, have a degree, and on and on and on...

Sure! You’d be great at EMS. You can use your prior mistakes to help counsel people that they can get through something bad too.

But right now...nope. We wouldn’t even interview you. You need to create a resume that looks so good in the other direction that people would be willing to even speak with you.

Summit

Critical Crazy
The assault charge even if dismissed might also prevent you from even becoming certified in your county/ state. I could be wrong but that should be something you research prior to paying for emt class.
This is a good question. It is answered relatively easily with a call or email to the state EMS board. Be sure to have the specifics, don't give unnecessary detail