Do you live where you work?

I live two counties away from where I work, giving me a 35 to 45 minute commute.

When I was up north, I had a 45 minute to an hour commute to my FT job, and about the same to my PT job.

Considering I tend to prefer working in ****ty areas, I can honestly say that I have no desire to live where I work.

I would never move to an area where I was working, unless it was a requirement of the job (and that's something I would probably not do for an EMS job). I have worked PT where I lived, because it was convenient, not because I moved there for the job.

Depending which station I work out, my commute is terrible, one is 12 miles one way, the other is 11 houses one way

I live in a suburb of the city I work in. It's about a half hour by bike.

I'm part-time so I don't have a single place/station I go to work at, I can pick up at any of our stations/locations which are all over the city. I live in a suburb on the NE side, can't work EMS or fire here because I'm too old (EMS where I live is fire based and the FD max hiring age is 35, I'm 39). I can be at any of our east or north side trucks in about half hour, downtown trucks and HQ in about 45 minutes and south and west side trucks in about an hour. I try to pick up shifts on the N and E side, partially because they're quieter trucks with lower run volume but also because I'd much rather drive 30 minutes than 60. :)

3.5 hrs one-way until I can get moved over towards Houston.

I live about two blocks away from the FD I volunteer for. I could run there faster than some people in the town could drive if I had to.

If I take the job at the race track over the summer I will commute about 20 minutes. If I am able to volunteer/work at the fair this summer, I want to do that just for experience, that will be over an hour away.

I live about 25 minutes from my job. When I get full time, I'll have an in-county residency requirement, but I can satisfy that by moving 5-6mi west

I'm 25 miles. About a 30 minute drive for my commute cor my shift. If I were to go in later, it would be an hour drive.

Work 12 minutes from the station but contract is 20 miles from base

It is very common to live in the city where you work. Commuting can get tiring especially if you are an ambulance driver

There are many advantages to working close to your house. It can be very convenient if you have a family and need to run home real quick

Back