Do I show up for my third ride or not? Company is leaving In the dark

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
They are dodging a bullet by not firing you. Letting you quit lets them off the hook....I am stubborn enough where I would not give up and would force them to deliver the news, whatever it is. And I sure as hell would not have skipped my ride based on the word of what seems a low level supervisor, my directions would have come from HR or someone in command.

OP
OP
T

Tk11

Forum Captain
Based on the supervisor's response, it sounds like they let you go and moved on. As mentioned by others, it's pretty crappy they didn't even tell you. Good luck with your next interview!
I think so too, I'd just appreciate it if they could actually "hey we're going to have to move on" instead of making me go through all this bs. Anyway, this other company I have an interview with seems to be more professional, and their orientation is mon-fri 8am-5pm. Not just 3 days of cramming everything into 12 total hours. So maybe it'll be a good thing and be with a better company.

OP
OP
T

Tk11

Forum Captain
They are dodging a bullet by not firing you. Letting you quit lets them off the hook....I am stubborn enough where I would not give up and would force them to deliver the news, whatever it is. And I sure as hell would not have skipped my ride based on the word of what seems a low level supervisor, my directions would have come from HR or someone in command.
I was told "you're not scheduled with any FTOs today so I guess just go home" and this guy is only in charge right now because I heard their other guy quit, so I don't know what that says about them that a supervisor quit on them. But really I don't even care anymore, I'm going on this other interview and if I get offered a position I'm done with these people.

AtlasFlyer

Forum Captain
What a poorly run company. Yes, they "should" fire you if that's what they want, but to go through the effort of forcing their hand is going to be a LOT of effort on your part. If you have another job opportunity, I'd take it and just be done with the place.

LizaM

Forum Ride Along
Another thing is, from what it sounds like, if you were to go on with them, similar things might happen in the future when other issues come up (not sure what, but things always come up). You don't want to have an expectation that you are in a job, making this much money, when things go down b/c management is stupid. Good luck with your interview and hopefully more transparent job!!