Discredited EMT cert due to misdemeanors?

rashid

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys.. bad at intros so.. I'll jump right into my question

Last year I was pretty reckless in terms of my driving record, I've gotten a bunch of moving violations -> suspended license had to go to court and plea-bargained to get a felony down to a misdemeanor, did community service

Then last month I caught another moving violation then yesterday and was caught going 47 higher than the speed limit on the high way in Illinois so this is considered a Class A misdemeanor..

So with this driving record..Is it pretty unlikely that I will get a job as an EMT-B? or rather is my cert discredited?

Thanks to all that reply

Last edited by a moderator:

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
That's a pattern of poor driving choices. I'm no manager nor do I make choices on auto insurance, but I wouldn't hire you with that record, particularly with how egregious and recent the violations are. Perhaps look into ED tech positions.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
This is gonna depend where you are certified. I think your certification will be OK, but you will definitely be unlikely to get any EMT job especially ones that require you to drive.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Your cert is probably fine. But I doubt any agencies insurance will take let the agency hire you. Those aren't just little mistakes, they're a pattern of bad decision making.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
How about stop speeding before you kill someone.

No, no one will hire you as an EMT that requires driving. Also it is highly unlikely any company will hire you as an EMT given your pattern of reckless behavior and disregard of laws and public safety, which demonstrates a lack of suitability for the position.

Look into race car driving.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Troll post?

How is +47mph a misdemeanor... Even if the highway is 55mph that's 102mph...

/:

FiremanMike

Just a dude
47 over?? And what traffic violatin did you commit that rose to the level of a felony?

Honestly, I think it'll be several years before any ambulance job will consider you. Your best bet is to find an er somewhere and work up some experience while you put many years between your future apps and your driving fiasco.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
OP: your cert will probably be OK but you won't likely be very employable anywhere for any company that requires you to drive and you can pretty much forget a career in law enforcement or Fire for a very LONG time, possibly forever unemployable with them.

You see, you get a bunch of cites, get your license suspended, go to court because you did something Felony Stupid and try to get it knocked to a Misdemeanor and then you get cited for 47 over? That's a non-employable pattern if I ever saw one. If anyone pulls your criminal history for some kind of job that requires some independent judgment, you're not going to get hired there because you've clearly demonstrated a serious lack of judgement.

OP
OP
R

rashid

Forum Ride Along
i used to drive a beat up old toyota whilst working for a pizza delivery place.. stress from life caused me to drive recklessly (stupid things that added up speeding, improper lane change, seat belt, not coming to a full stop on stop sign, working on suspended license ) having a sketchy looking car did not help at all

month ago ticket for 15mph hour over 45mph highway speed limit

this recent one.. I rented this car out for the week, went to the highway ( empty no cars, next light was bout 2 miles down) so I just floor'd it little did I know I was not alone

*felony was because of added up moving violations *

well thanks anyways good luck to you all in w/e your goals are and thanks for responding

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
I think he gets it.

phideux

Forum Captain
Here everyone wants a clean 10yr driving record.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Here everyone wants a clean 10yr driving record.

Heh that would take me out of the running... if they could look back that far. Some states can't pull MVRs that far... And when i moved s few years back an interesting side effect was Colorado didn't import my violations from NM, and when I went back to NM those violations stayed off my record.