Disaster relief work

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Reaction score
This ad is from a reliable, legitimate source...I am passing it on for those interested in some disaster relief work...do not contact me for any details, please use the information in the ad. If any of you acquire more details, feel free to share here for others

Medcor is looking for Paramedics to help in Minot, North Dakota area, which has been declared a disaster area due to flooding. You would be working and living in a disaster camp, sleeping in a tent or a trailer. Medcor will arrange and pay for your travel to/from Minot. Three meals a day and snacks will be provided at no charge to you. Laundry, portable showers and bathroom facilities will be available. The work schedule would include 40 regular hours and 44 hours overtime per week at a rate of $25 an hour (12 hour shifts seven days per week). If you have current ACLS certification and an active EMT-P license in any of the 50 states, and able to work 12 hour shifts seven days per week, at least a 2 week time period, please contact me ASAP via email at David.Good@medcor.com or call 815-363-9500, x: 5734 letting me know the following:

1) how soon you can deploy (between July 27 and October 30, 2011)
2) the dates you can work (looking for at least 2 week assignment starting July 27th, 2011)

We appreciate your prompt response and look forward to working with you in assisting Minot with this disaster!

David Good
Human Resources Manager
MEDCOR, INC.
4805 W. Prime Pkwy
McHenry, IL 60051
Phone: 815-363-9500 ext 5734
HR Fax: 815-578-4044
david.good@medcor.com
http://www.medcor.com/careers

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the post I'll send you an email when I get to my computer.

Canadians aren't eligible huh?

Man does this sound fun.

What kind of work would it be, do you know? Staffing a truck? Clinic stuff? Just wondering...the chances of me being able to go are slim to none.

This is NOT directed at anyone in particular as I have posted this on my FB and other sites and sent emails to people on my call out roster.

If I had more details I would post them. What you see is what I got....there is a POC listed int he ad...use it.

Thanks and hope some of you are able to go!

I have edited the original post after talking with akflightmedic off line. The thread is now back under the Employment section.

Back