Difficult of getting a part time position? (San Diego)

Kou7793

Forum Probie
Anyone have any idea how hard it would be to get a part time position, specifically in San Diego if anyone knows about it? I'm going to go to college there and would like to work 1 shift a week throughout the year.

thanks

kravturtle

Forum Crew Member
I'm in the same boat--I go to SDSU full-time, but want to work part time--and I can tell you I'm finding it impossible. There are very few places hiring, let alone hiring part time.

OP
OP
K

Kou7793

Forum Probie
how long have you been searching kravturtle? i plan to go to USD so its just a couple min away from SDSU. are there at least some volunteer services that you could do while you look for a job? ( i would really prefer getting a job though but it probably wont be that simple)

what's everything you've done at this point in terms of searching? whats the San Diego ems system like right now? do you think you'll be able to find a job soon?

thanks

EMTinSocal

Forum Ride Along
Anyone have any idea how hard it would be to get a part time position, specifically in San Diego if anyone knows about it? I'm going to go to college there and would like to work 1 shift a week throughout the year.

thanks

What are your goals? You could always work for SDCFA. Its a part time gig on a fire engine as the 4th guy. The call volume isn't bad and you will get 911 experience. You only earn receive a stipend of $100 per shift but it's nice to keep your skills fresh. Part time options are pretty limited.

kravturtle

Forum Crew Member
What are your goals? You could always work for SDCFA. Its a part time gig on a fire engine as the 4th guy. The call volume isn't bad and you will get 911 experience. You only earn receive a stipend of $100 per shift but it's nice to keep your skills fresh. Part time options are pretty limited.

Woah...haven't heard about this! More info please! :)

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

Only 100 / shift? That's about the same as a FT IFT person...