Diddent get into the class

Artique

Forum Crew Member
Im bummed, I diddent get into the class for EMT. I was going through RCC and I missed my spot by 6 min. That blows. Is there any other training facitilitys I can go to for those that live in Riverside County, CA. Otherwise gotta wait 2 more months AGAIN....

Amack

Forum Crew Member
Im bummed, I diddent get into the class for EMT. I was going through RCC and I missed my spot by 6 min. That blows. Is there any other training facitilitys I can go to for those that live in Riverside County, CA. Otherwise gotta wait 2 more months AGAIN....

Wow, that sucks.

Unfortunately, I'm not from around the area. I would however advise that you call around your state for other companies that offer EMT classes. There are quite a few companies here in MA, that offer EMT-B classes pretty much every seasonal quarter (summer, fall, winter, spring), incorporating both day and night class schedules to work around work schedules. I'd bet there are similar opportunities out your way. Keep looking, and don't become discouraged. The world will always need EMTs! ;)

OP
OP
A

Artique

Forum Crew Member
wow thank you for the info. Yeah it does suck but I can use this time to prepare for other things like being a father and when the next class comes around Ill have everything ready. It just blows to have your mind set on something and then cant get it.

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief
I am sorry to hear this. Really stinks. How did you miss it by 6 minutes?

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Sorry you did not achieve our goals. Not to be mean, but as an educator you have brought in some thoughtful ideas.

First, be aware of your actions represents your real intentions. Six minutes is six minutes, and possibly next time you will be better prepared. It is much better to arrive early, than late. Showing up late displays your lack of responsibility and possibly how you represent yourself in the classroom and profession.

Refresh on spelling errors, it is hard to read your comments. It might had been a while since you were in school, and if the instructor discredits spelling, you want to have a "jump start".

I wish you the best of luck !

R/r 911

OP
OP
A

Artique

Forum Crew Member
Sorry let me rephrase it. I was applying for summer classes through my Community College program. Open Enrollment begain at 12am and there were about 5 spots left. Coming on my way home I should have rushed but asssuming I would have enough time I just took my time getting home. Got online at 12:06 and Bam all taken. So I guess I could have waited till 12 to do anything but I take this as a sign to wait until fall. Im having a baby born in aug. and maybe it woudl be wise to wait until my babys born. I just am so eager to begin I wanted to do it now.

No way Im giving up on this

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
First, congrats! Hang in there, and good luck in school.

R/r 911

sdadam

DialedMedics.com
Hey man, I'm down in San Diego you can try Palomar College, www.palomar.edu

That's where I got mine, and where I'm heading to Paramedic in a few months. They have what's pretty much considered the best emergency medical education program around here, and it's all taught in escondido, which isn't that much of a drive from riverside.

the website specific to the emt and medic program is www.palomar.edu/eme

good luck.