Denver Paramedics

DENDude

Forum Probie
Fast question, since when does Northglenn Ambulance respond with Denver Fire in Denver County? It seems a little strange to me...

Any Ideas? Because usually if Denver paramedics cant respond it's Capital City Ambulance that shows...

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
There are a ton of private companies that provide backup 911 services to Denver Health. Moreover, they're contacted quite frequently. In 2012, Northglenn had two dedicated 48 hour Denver units that primarily did backup 911 for Denver. They were very rarely pulled into Commerce City or did IFTs of any sort.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Fast question, since when does Northglenn Ambulance respond with Denver Fire in Denver County? It seems a little strange to me...

Any Ideas? Because usually if Denver paramedics cant respond it's Capital City Ambulance that shows...
Capital City does not have that many ambulances. There is no designated backup provider, and plenty of companies provide backup. AMR, R/M, Mile Hi, ActionCare, I could go on.

Ensihoitaja

Forum Captain
Actually, the list of companies that provide mutual aid is relatively small- you have to have your own 911 contract to run an OLFA* call in Denver. AMR, Rural/Metro, Action Care**, Northglenn, West Metro, and South Metro handle mutual aid.

Capital City, Apex, Mile High, iCare, Stadium, Western, and I'm sure a few others I'm forgetting aren't eligible. Falck could, but doesn't for whatever reason.

*Overload Field Ambulance
** Doesn't currently have a 911 contract, but is grandfathered or something.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Actually, the list of companies that provide mutual aid is relatively small- you have to have your own 911 contract to run an OLFA* call in Denver. AMR, Rural/Metro, Action Care**, Northglenn, West Metro, and South Metro handle mutual aid.

Capital City, Apex, Mile High, iCare, Stadium, Western, and I'm sure a few others I'm forgetting aren't eligible. Falck could, but doesn't for whatever reason.

*Overload Field Ambulance
** Doesn't currently have a 911 contract, but is grandfathered or something.
Hmm no kidding. I've run into some crews in Denver not from those agencies that were pretty uh, proud of taking some sort of Denver call in, I guess I just assumed they were somehow doing that in a legit way.

Meanwhile I'm there on a 90 mile transfer, lost and confused and just trying to make the bed.