Denver Health

HH1251

Forum Crew Member
Can anyone tell me about Denver Health Paramedic division. I've listed some questions below.

Anyone currently work for them?

Whats the interview process like?

How often do they hire?

Ensihoitaja

Forum Captain
Hi, I work at Denver Health.

The interview process has changed somewhat since I got hired. That said, there's a phone interview (Talent+ or something like that). If you pass that there's another interview that's standard interview questions plus some scenarios.

We typically hire when there's enough open positions to fill an academy (10-12 or more). We've been hiring a lot lately, so I think we did 4 or 5 academies last year. Academy lasts 3 weeks and then you'd start field training.

You didn't ask, but pay info is in the link below. We do 4 10s as a base schedule. OT for over 40 in a week. Evening and night shift differentials. Holiday pay. Retirement goes into a 401(a) and they'll match up to 3% into a 457(b).

In addition to ambulance shifts, we do airport coverage at DIA and we have 2 ambulances doing 12-hour shifts at the Denver Fire stations in Englewood. We do a lot of special events, including Rockies and Broncos games. We have a bike medic team and a wildland medic team as well.

It looks like we're taking applications now.

I saw your post in the Falck thread- we've had plenty of people get hired out of the Aurora system so make sure you put in an application!

OP
OP
H

HH1251

Forum Crew Member
Hi, I work at Denver Health.

The interview process has changed somewhat since I got hired. That said, there's a phone interview (Talent+ or something like that). If you pass that there's another interview that's standard interview questions plus some scenarios.

We typically hire when there's enough open positions to fill an academy (10-12 or more). We've been hiring a lot lately, so I think we did 4 or 5 academies last year. Academy lasts 3 weeks and then you'd start field training.

You didn't ask, but pay info is in the link below. We do 4 10s as a base schedule. OT for over 40 in a week. Evening and night shift differentials. Holiday pay. Retirement goes into a 401(a) and they'll match up to 3% into a 457(b).

In addition to ambulance shifts, we do airport coverage at DIA and we have 2 ambulances doing 12-hour shifts at the Denver Fire stations in Englewood. We do a lot of special events, including Rockies and Broncos games. We have a bike medic team and a wildland medic team as well.

It looks like we're taking applications now.

I saw your post in the Falck thread- we've had plenty of people get hired out of the Aurora system so make sure you put in an application!

Hey! Thanks for all the information. I got an interview for next week! I'm excited Denver Health seems like the place to be! Very much like the system I came from.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Do y'all have power cots yet?