Demand Valve

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
As most of you know by now, I'm looking for a good used demand valve. If anyone has one lying around, I'd be more than willing to buy it off of you.

Jon

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I take it you already looked at this thread:

Demand Valve

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by ffemt8978@Mar 14 2005, 10:24 PM
I take it you already looked at this thread:

Demand Valve
and am the high bidder. But I colud always use a spare :lol:

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
But I could always use a spare

Modern or Vintage?

I have a 72 E&J Lytport Demand Valve set up; Combo Inhalator, Resuscitator, Aspirator. The same kind used on the pilot episode of "Emergency!".

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Blueeighty8@Mar 15 2005, 12:57 AM

Modern or Vintage?

I have a 72 E&J Lytport Demand Valve set up; Combo Inhalator, Resuscitator, Aspirator. The same kind used on the pilot episode of "Emergency!".
functional.

Starting your own ambulance service, one resuscitator at a time?

funny. :lol:

jon

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Mar 18 2005, 06:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Mar 18 2005, 06:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Blueeighty8@Mar 15 2005, 12:57 AM

Modern or Vintage?

functional.

Starting your own ambulance service, one resuscitator at a time?

funny. :lol:

jon [/b][/quote]
I thought it was... :lol:

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Never mind. The people I bought the Lytport from said it was never used, sat in a closet in factory package since 1963. It really did, but when I touched the mask, the rubber shattered. :eek: :blink: :( <cry>

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Blueeighty8@Mar 19 2005, 11:21 AM
Never mind. The people I bought the Lytport from said it was never used, sat in a closet in factory package since 1963. It really did, but when I touched the mask, the rubber shattered. :eek: :blink: :( <cry>
Speaking of Emergency, I had the opportunity to meet Randy Mantooth this weekend. :D

Does my being excited about this make me a whacker?

Or does KNOWING who he is make them a whacker?

Jon

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Mar 22 2005, 10:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Mar 22 2005, 10:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Blueeighty8@Mar 19 2005, 11:21 AM
Speaking of Emergency, I had the opportunity to meet Randy Mantooth this weekend. :D

Jon [/b][/quote]
I met Randy, Kevin Tighe & Jim Page at a fire expo at an Emergency! fan expo in Maryland. They had a "Squad 51" look-a-like. I want one. I have a shelf that I collect equipment from their era on. My next goal is a Monkeyrola Biocomm aka biophone.

I also seen Randy on a soap opera once, not that I was watching it... It just happened to follow the news broadcast that I was ignoring.

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
They had little plush Squad 51's for sale. If you squeezed it, it made siren sounds, airhorn sounds, or played the dispatch recording (with tones :rolleyes: ).

It was cool.

And Blue... There is hope for you, because there is hope for me. Neither of us wear a TURNOUT jacket. with BRASS CAPTAINS BARS on the Lapels.
:rolleyes:

Jon

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Mar 22 2005, 10:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Mar 22 2005, 10:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Blueeighty8@Mar 19 2005, 11:21 AM

Jon [/b][/quote]
All of the above.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Mar 23 2005, 12:15 PM
They had little plush Squad 51's for sale. If you squeezed it, it made siren sounds, airhorn sounds, or played the dispatch recording (with tones :rolleyes: ).

It was cool.

And Blue... There is hope for you, because there is hope for me. Neither of us wear a TURNOUT jacket. with BRASS CAPTAINS BARS on the Lapels.

Jon
I have two sets of bunker gear. One set is black for firefighting and the other blue for MVA's. The blue set is heavy for winter, or even more heavy for summer if you would like to suddenly lay down in the road, overcome by heat.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Mar 23 2005, 12:15 PM

Did you buy one?

because then you are a total whacker beyond the point of help.

A Class 1 Whacker Syndrome

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR+Mar 23 2005, 08:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TTLWHKR @ Mar 23 2005, 08:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MedicStudentJon@Mar 23 2005, 12:15 PM

Did you buy one?

A Class 1 Whacker Syndrome [/b][/quote]
No.

I only bought the squad 51 poster.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Mar 25 2005, 07:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Mar 25 2005, 07:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Mar 23 2005, 08:46 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-MedicStudentJon
@Mar 23 2005, 12:15 PM
They had little plush Squad 51's for sale. If you squeezed it, it made siren sounds, airhorn sounds, or played the dispatch recording (with tones  :rolleyes: ).

Did you buy one?

A Class 1 Whacker Syndrome
No.

I only bought the squad 51 poster.
:rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
When I was at the Emergency Expo near Hyattsville (who sponsered it I think), they had Code 3 "Emergency!" Collectible. I couldn't help myself. I came home w/ three "Station 51"s, three squads, and two each of the different engines they used on the show. The Ward LaFrance was my favorite. I also have a plastic E! helmet, an E! tissue dispenser, cup holder and tooth brush holder, and Squad 51 Slippers. :huh:

They had like an Emergency! flea market. I had the shows on Columbia House video till I met this woman on yahoo that couldn't get the shows b/c she was in the UK. She paid 60.00/tape. And bought six years of the show, including the Cartoon. :lol: So in theory, some woman from England bought my first set of bunker gear.

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I no longer want a Demand Valve.

I have a demand valve.

Life is good, all shall rejoyce.

Jon

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Mar 28 2005, 07:38 PM

I have a demand valve.

Jon
I just bought a Thumper for my "collectible shelf".

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR+Mar 28 2005, 09:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TTLWHKR @ Mar 28 2005, 09:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MedicStudentJon@Mar 28 2005, 07:38 PM

I have a demand valve.

Jon
I just bought a Thumper for my "collectible shelf". [/b][/quote]
I want...I want...

Which version????

Jon

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Mar 28 2005, 09:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Mar 28 2005, 09:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Mar 28 2005, 09:01 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-MedicStudentJon
@Mar 28 2005, 07:38 PM

I have a demand valve.

Jon

I just bought a Thumper for my "collectible shelf".
I want...I want...

Which version????

Jon [/b][/quote]
No idea what kind it is. Has a green hose.. hooked it to my "E" cylinder and O2 shot out the base and sides. It didn't go up & down, maybe I did something wrong. I bought it for .50 cents at a flea market. The people selling the stuff had no clue, and didn't know what it was for. Also got a huge trauma bag packed full of dressings for 10 bucks. These people were a few short of a six pack. I could have sold the bag myself on eBay for over 200.

When I get a good deal, I always say "Boy this would have cost me hundreds anywhere else". Just to make them feel ripped off. :D