Defib unit

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
Looking for a used defibrillator for ACLS / PALS classes. Doesn't need to be functioning, nor does it need to be in great condition.

Anyone have an old unit just sitting around? If so please message or email me. Thanks.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Get a simulator. ?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Ill ask our education coordinator. We have so much old stuff laying around.

OP
OP
F

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
@ Mycrofft, I've got the simulator software, but still want to add the tools for some hands on scenerios. maybe I can get my hands on an old LP-4 :D

Thanks Robb, let me know if you guys want to offload anything.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
@ Mycrofft, I've got the simulator software, but still want to add the tools for some hands on scenerios. maybe I can get my hands on an old LP-4 :D

I'm assuming you need it to at least turn on for the classes? All our education defibs are disabled so they turn on but you can't actually discharge any electricity. Any specific cutoff as far as age goes? Gonna shoot her an email today.

Only Zolls and Philips, no LPs.

mycrofft

Are you speaking of computer-only programs or devices simulating certain rhythms?

I'm talking about simulators built in an actual casing with real ports to plug in electrodes but they use regular batteries and will not discharge. Some have an infrared remote so the teacher can throw curves.

All I'm finding are AED sims though. Check with your service company.

OP
OP
F

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
I'll probably get an old unit and lock out its energy. I had a rhythm generator but recently sold it.

mycrofft

Go in and cut the wires to the capacitor.
But make sure it's discharged first?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Are you speaking of computer-only programs or devices simulating certain rhythms?

I'm talking about simulators built in an actual casing with real ports to plug in electrodes but they use regular batteries and will not discharge. Some have an infrared remote so the teacher can throw curves.

All I'm finding are AED sims though. Check with your service company.

Are you talking about a rhythm generator?

We have the little "briefcase" style generators and our high fidelity mannequins have them built in.